[comp.sys.next] What does the camera in the dock mean?

Gerben.Wierda@bbs.oit.unc.edu (Gerben Wierda) (06/13/91)

At some time (I wasn't able to reproduce this) my NEXT icon of the
Workspace Manager was replaced by the picture of a camera. There were
several programs active under which grab. Can anyone tell me what this
means?

Gerben

--
   The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the University of
     North Carolina at Chapel Hill, the Campus Office for Information

gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu (Garance A. Drosehn) (06/14/91)

In article Gerben.Wierda@bbs.oit.unc.edu (Gerben Wierda) writes:

> At some time (I wasn't able to reproduce this) my NEXT icon of the
> Workspace Manager was replaced by the picture of a camera. There were
> several programs active under which grab. Can anyone tell me what this
> means?

That comes from the Grab application in /NextDeveloper/Demos, when you've asked
Grab to take a picture of something.  I forget the details, but it's something
like you've told Grab you want a picture of some window, and the icon turns to
a camera until you select the window (or whatever it is) that you want Grab to
take a picture of.  It's Grab's way of telling you that it's waiting for some
indication of what it should grab.

Garance Alistair Drosehn   = gad@rpi.edu  or  gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
ITS Systems Programmer                       (handles NeXT-type mail)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;  Troy NY  USA