[comp.sys.next] Mathematica2.0-release

smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu (Dr. William V. Smith) (06/13/91)

For those of you waiting with great anticipation for 2.0
Mathematica will have to wait a little longer.  The
release date has been moved back to "mid-July".
Maybe we'll see when the new cpu is released? ;-)
-Bill
--
EMail:  smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu  or  uunet!hamblin.math.byu.edu!smithw
SMail:          Math Dept. -- 314 TMCB; BYU; Provo, UT 84602 (USA)

Gerhard.Moeller@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Gerhard Moeller) (06/13/91)

smithw@hamblin.math.byu.edu (Dr. William V. Smith) writes:

>For those of you waiting with great anticipation for 2.0
>Mathematica will have to wait a little longer.  The
>release date has been moved back to "mid-July".
>Maybe we'll see when the new cpu is released? ;-)

You lucky guys. I phoned with NeXT Europe and was told to wait until
"mid-August".... Now I wonder if they swim across the ocean to get the
software here or if I just got the more reliable information (assuming
that a later date is more realistic ;-) )
			waiting, Gerhard.
--

+---------------------------< principiis obsta! >---------------------------+
| Gerhard Moeller, Teichstrasse 12, 2900 Oldenburg (FRG)    [Geb. 02/21/68] |

prie@escher.cc.rochester.edu (Tod Rieger) (06/14/91)

     Did NeXT or Wolfram say when the 88110 version
would be released? (As a slab owner, I am looking
forward to the 88110 upgrade: upgrading seems to be
the 'rite of passage' for becoming a true NeXTer.)

     NeXTime.

louie@sayshell.umd.edu (Louis A. Mamakos) (06/14/91)

>     Did NeXT or Wolfram say when the 88110 version
>would be released? (As a slab owner, I am looking
>forward to the 88110 upgrade: upgrading seems to be
>the 'rite of passage' for becoming a true NeXTer.)

You got to be kidding!  NeXT hasn't even admitted in public that they
are even releasing a new product, much less talk about any dates.  You
expect a software vendor to comment on the release date of software
for an product that doesn't even exist, or that no one will admit to?