[comp.sys.next] non-800 number of NeXT in Redwood, anyone ?

toon@news.sara.nl (06/13/91)

In article <1991Jun3.025313.14929@news.media.mit.edu>, lacsap@media.mit.edu (Pascal Chesnais) writes:

> G1. How may I contact NeXT Computer, Inc.?
>
>    NeXT Computer, Inc.
>    900 Chesapeake Drive
>    Redwood City, CA 94063
> Phone:  1-800-848-NeXT (Redwood City #)
>         1-408-437-0400 (BusinessLand)
>         1-800-800-NeXT (NeXT Connection-software and peripherals)
>         44-81-565-0005 (U.K. #)
>         44-81-565-0016 (U.K. fax #)
>         81-44-549-5295   (NeXT marketing div. of Canon - Japan)
>         81-44-549-5462   (NeXT Japan fax #)
>         +41-22-788-2890 (NeXT Europe - Geneva, Suisse)
>   note: numbers abroad are listed with the country codes first.  You will
>   need to dial the international access number of your long distance carrier
>   before proceeding to dialing the country code, area code and phone number.

I'm sorry if no one else is interested - just taking the risk - but are there
non-800 telephone numbers of NeXT in Redwood (usable by people outside
the USA) ? I want to register as a developer and see if I can combine the
course with other activities at the other side of the pond.
In the same vein: Do they have a general accessible (not developers-only)
electronic mail address ? BTW: No NeXTs as yet in the Netherlands ...
--

Toon Moene, SARA - Amsterdam (NL)
Internet: TOON@SARA.NL

/usr/lib/sendmail.cf: Do.:%@!=/

bedney@monolith.lanl.gov (William J. Edney) (06/14/91)

> I'm sorry if no one else is interested - just taking the risk - but are there
> non-800 telephone numbers of NeXT in Redwood (usable by people outside
> the USA) ? I want to register as a developer and see if I can combine the
> course with other activities at the other side of the pond.
> In the same vein: Do they have a general accessible (not developers-only)
> electronic mail address ? BTW: No NeXTs as yet in the Netherlands ...
> --
>
> Toon Moene, SARA - Amsterdam (NL)
> Internet: TOON@SARA.NL

The non-800 number for NeXT is 415-366-0900. I don't know if there is a
non-developer's mail address, but you can try ask_next@next.com and see if
someone there can steer you in the right direction.
--
- Bill Edney
- Los Alamos National Laboratory

"I don't speak for my employer and they don't speak for me. Kind of a nice
arrangement."

tgingric@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Tyler S Gingrich) (06/15/91)

In article <1991Jun13.102605.2853@news.sara.nl> toon@news.sara.nl writes:

>I'm sorry if no one else is interested - just taking the risk - but are there
>non-800 telephone numbers of NeXT in Redwood (usable by people outside
>the USA) ? I want to register as a developer and see if I can combine the
>course with other activities at the other side of the pond.
>In the same vein: Do they have a general accessible (not developers-only)
>electronic mail address ? BTW: No NeXTs as yet in the Netherlands ...
>--
>
>Toon Moene, SARA - Amsterdam (NL)
>Internet: TOON@SARA.NL

The NeXT Developers Course should be offered in Europe VERY SOON!!  I just
attended the Developers camp in Pittsburgh and the Dutch fellow (Frans) who
will be in charge of NeXT training in Europe was in our class.

Really nice guy.  VERY sharp!!

Tyler