[comp.sys.next] MacDraw --> EPS

stuart@previous.ADS.COM (Stuart Crawford) (06/15/91)

I have a bunch of old MacDraw pictures that I want to include in my LaTeX
documents that I am formatting on my NeXT.  I figured that I would obtain the
Postscript source and include them via the \epsffile{} command.

How do I get the Postscript?  I vaguely remember that it involves some
keystroke sequence like command-shift-option-k or something similar, but don't
know the details.

Is this the best way to get those figures into my document?  Would it be easier
to save the MacDraw as PICT and the find some PICT-->EPS translation program
(if such a beast exists).

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

ray@mtl.mit.edu (Ray Ghanbari) (06/15/91)

In article <STUART.91Jun14145251@previous.ADS.COM> stuart@previous.ADS.COM
(Stuart Crawford) writes:

> I have a bunch of old MacDraw pictures that I want to include in my LaTeX
> documents that I am formatting on my NeXT.  I figured that I would obtain the
> Postscript source and include them via the \epsffile{} command.
(Stuff about command k deleted)

--

With the Adobe Illustrator 3.0 distribution on the Mac, there is an app called
DrawOver that takes PICT files and converts them to AdobeIllustrator format

BTW, I highly recommend the Illustrator/LaTeX combination.  The \epsffile{}
macro works like a charm.  More importantly, since Illustrator saves files in
EPSF, youc an directly refer to them from within your LaTeX file without having
to do any type of conversion or save as PS.  Quite seamless.

Ray Ghanbari

phone:	(617) 253-0723
e-mail:	ray@mtl.mit.edu	 (NeXT mail prefered)