[comp.sys.next] Seagate drives for the NeXT

jashley@parc.xerox.com (John Michael Ashley) (06/18/91)

Has anybody successfully installed a Seagate drive in a Cube?  Also, while on
the subject of Seagate drives, does anyone have a feel for how reliable they
are and how much noise they put out?

I vaguely recall Seagate having a good reputation, but I would like to know
more.

Please respond by email; I'll summarize as usual.

Mike

Gerhard.Moeller@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Gerhard Moeller) (06/18/91)

jashley@parc.xerox.com (John Michael Ashley) writes:

>Has anybody successfully installed a Seagate drive in a Cube?  Also, while on
>the subject of Seagate drives, does anyone have a feel for how reliable they
>are and how much noise they put out?

>I vaguely recall Seagate having a good reputation, but I would like to know
>more.

>Please respond by email; I'll summarize as usual.

>Mike
I'll get my seagate 4766 in abaout a week or so, then I'll summarize how
to connect it.
But Ronald Anthony wrote a Program called TheFrmatter (sonata, orst)
that should do anything for you. - The only problem is that it costs 30$
for students and 45$ for others.
					Gerhard.

--

| Gerhard Moeller, Teichstrasse 12, 2900 Oldenburg (FRG)    [Geb. 02/21/68] |