[comp.sys.next] C-libraries for KCL

JPOWELL@VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU (James Powell) (06/19/91)

Just downloaded kcl from sonata and I'm really excited to finally have
a language on my machine.  As I suspected, I cannot yet use the compiler
since I don't have any libraries.  Can someone tell me what libraries
I need, where I can get them, how big they are, and where I should put
them?  I am have the 2.0 105Mb release.

___    ____________
\  \  /  ___   ___/      James Powell
 \  \/  /  /  /          VTLS Database Administration Department
  \    /  /  /           Technical Services, University Libraries
   \  /  /  /            VPI & SU, Blacksburg, VA
    \/  /__/
                         PHONE: (703) 231-3068
                         INTERNET: JPOWELL@VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU

yonezawa@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Noritake Yonezawa) (06/19/91)

JPOWELL@VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU (James Powell) writes:

>Just downloaded kcl from sonata and I'm really excited to finally have
>a language on my machine.  As I suspected, I cannot yet use the compiler
>since I don't have any libraries.  Can someone tell me what libraries
>I need, where I can get them, how big they are, and where I should put
>them?  I am have the 2.0 105Mb release.

You can use the compiler without any libraries.
See (help 'compile), (help 'compile-file) and (help 'load).

Here is a quotation from KCL Report:

  The KCL compiler translates a Lisp program stored in a source file into a
  C-language program, invokes the C-language compiler to compile the
  C-language program, and then generates an object file, called fasl file (or
  o-file because of the actual filetype).  The compiled program in a fasl
  file is loaded by the function load.

--
Noritake Yonezawa [yonezawa@cs.uiuc.edu]
Department of Computer Science