[comp.sys.next] Multiple EPS images in a single file

josephk@econ.lsa.umich.edu (Joseph Klein) (06/17/91)

I guess I don't know enough post-script for this, but hopefully someone does.

I'm attempting to use the NXEPSImageRep class object to create a list of
similar ImageRep objects.  The class summaries tell me that the
'newListFromFile:filename' method should return a list containing as many eps
images as are in filename?

How do I create an EPS file that contains more than one EPS image?

Thanks,
Joseph

Josephk@adam.econ.lsa.umich.edu
jck@umichub

Joseph Klein

In article <1991Jun16.214956.24951@terminator.cc.umich.edu>
	josephk@econ.lsa.umich.edu (Joseph Klein) writes:
>I'm attempting to use the NXEPSImageRep class object to create a list of
>similar ImageRep objects.  The class summaries tell me that the
>'newListFromFile:filename' method should return a list containing as many eps
>images as are in filename?
>
>How do I create an EPS file that contains more than one EPS image?

I think the method is only in there to parallel NXBitmapImageRep.
TIFF files can contain multiple images to accommodate different
frame buffers.  It doesn't make sense for PostScript.  (I could
see it looking for %%BeginFile: ... %%EndFile pairs, but I don't
understand *why* it would be worthwhile.)  [I don't believe it;
omits Document Structuring Conventions?  How useless!  Time to
dig out the 0.9 tech docs, sigh.]

					-=EPS=-

aozer@next.com (Ali Ozer) (06/20/91)

In article <1991Jun16.214956.24951@terminator.cc.umich.edu> Joseph Klein writes:
>I'm attempting to use the NXEPSImageRep class object to create a list of
>similar ImageRep objects.  The class summaries tell me that the
>'newListFromFile:filename' method should return a list containing as many eps
>images as are in filename?
>How do I create an EPS file that contains more than one EPS image?

You can't.  The newListFromFile: simply returns a List object with one element
for today's EPS files.

Ali, Ali_Ozer@NeXT.com