[comp.sys.next] Synching NeXTdimension compositing to video frames?

izumi@mindseye.berkeley.edu (Izumi Ohzawa) (06/21/91)

In article <1991Jun20.222917.27494@speedy.aero.org>
      louis@deveel.aero.org
      (Louis McDonald) writes:

> Just want to ask some general NeXT questions. We will be getting into
> the NeXT world soon with an emphasis in video.

I have another NeXTdimension question.

Is there any way to synchronize compositing from NXImage to video
frames?

Can I setup compositing to take place on next V-sync, or N-th
V-sync from now? ... type thing.

I want to sync to NTSC-rate video output, not to the frames
of the Color Megapixel display, although that would be nice too.

It seems that you really need something like this to produce
good animations with consistent timings.

I am willing to use NXLiveVideoView or whatever appropriate
to achieve this.

Izumi Ohzawa             [ $@Bg_78^=;(J ]
USMail: University of California, 360 Minor Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720
Telephone: (415) 642-6440             Fax:  (415) 642-3323
Internet: izumi@violet.berkeley.edu   NeXTmail: izumi@pinoko.berkeley.edu