[comp.sys.next] Opinion Needed!!!!

mlroider@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Mitchel Lee Roider) (06/19/91)

Hello all,

      I have been debating on an issue that has been bothering me for a
   while and I finally made up my mind to ask the people who could help
   me.  So if you have any info on mproblem please mail me or post, if this s      is just alot of bandwidth than please do not fill the newsgroup with flas
   just mail me with your ideas.

    Here is the problem:
      I feel that NeXT is an unbelieveable company and one that has the
     right vision of the future.  The problem I have is their implementation
     of it.  I go to school at the University of Oklahoma and have been involved    with the NeXT machines since August of 1990.  I feel that Iam a qualified
   person in the areas of programming, promotion andpersonal contact.  I was
  on NeXT's back at the beginning of my Freshman year that was last Fall, to
  come to the university to support the computer.  All I got was a lot of
  company BS and they basically said thatey would not start anything until
  an installed base was on campus ( the catch 22 thing).
  I stayed my course and continued to ask ,while I was doing that I also
   started a user group and started to get the computer noticed on campus.
   Maybe I thought that this could get their attention and they would then
  start something and maybe even ask me to help (kind of the Consultant thing)
  .  Well here is where it gets interesting!!!!!!!!

     I get a call three weeks before the enof the semester and the call
  goes something like this" hello I am the NeXT campus consultant for OU and I
  guess I was a little suprised but i decided that I might as well play along.
  I met the Consultant and he did not suprise me at all.  First did not know
  anything about the computer or the market place it would fill and compete
 against at the university level.  Secondly I found out he had the job for a
 the only two NeXT's on campus and I was the only onhelping these people.
  though it would not have mattered if they knew there was a consultant on        because he would not have been able to help.

  id not tell me what they were doing and they hired someone who will only
  hamper the NeXT at the University.  Yes I am mad that I was not picked to
  do it even though I deserved it , it does not matter anymore .
  right now they need to gt back on track and fix these problems.

Mitchel Roider
University of Oklahoma NeXT user GRoup
email m or call (405) 749-0918

bhead@hfs.questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Bradley Head) (06/20/91)

Mitchel Lee Roider writes
> Hello all,
>

>       I have been debating on an issue that has been bothering me for a
>    while and I finally made up my mind to ask the people who could help
>    me.  So if you have any info on mproblem please mail me or post, if this s
is just alot of bandwidth than please do not fill the newsgroup with flas
>    just mail me with your ideas.
>
>     Here is the problem:
>       I feel that NeXT is an unbelieveable company and one that has the
>      right vision of the future.  The problem I have is their implementation
>      of it.  I go to school at the University of Oklahoma and have been
involved    with the NeXT machines since August of 1990.  I feel that Iam a
qualified
>    person in the areas of programming, promotion andpersonal contact.  I was
>   on NeXT's back at the beginning of my Freshman year that was last Fall, to
>   come to the university to support the computer.  All I got was a lot of
>   company BS and they basically said thatey would not start anything until
>   an installed base was on campus ( the catch 22 thing).
>   I stayed my course and continued to ask ,while I was doing that I also
>    started a user group and started to get the computer noticed on campus.
>    Maybe I thought that this could get their attention and they would then
>   start something and maybe even ask me to help (kind of the Consultant
thing)
>   .  Well here is where it gets interesting!!!!!!!!
>
>      I get a call three weeks before the enof the semester and the call
>   goes something like this" hello I am the NeXT campus consultant for OU and
>   guess I was a little suprised but i decided that I might as well play
along.
>   I met the Consultant and he did not suprise me at all.  First did not know
>   anything about the computer or the market place it would fill and compete
>  against at the university level.  Secondly I found out he had the job for a
>  the only two NeXT's on campus and I was the only onhelping these people.
>   though it would not have mattered if they knew there was a consultant on
because he would not have been able to help.

>   id not tell me what they were doing and they hired someone who will only
>   hamper the NeXT at the University.  Yes I am mad that I was not picked to
>   do it even though I deserved it , it does not matter anymore .
>   right now they need to gt back on track and fix these problems.
>

> Mitchel Roider
> University of Oklahoma NeXT user GRoup
> email m or call (405) 749-0918

If your grammer and spelling are any indication of your personality, then I'm
not surprised that NeXT did not hire you to be the CC.
Take your beef elsewhere.
Bradley Head, Headfirst Software, Vancouver BC, Canada
NeXTmail     : <bhead@hfs.questor.wimsey.bc.ca>
Non-NeXTmail : <h5346866@rick.cs.ubc.ca>

glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us (Glenn Reid) (06/21/91)

Bradley Head writes

[ an entire message quoted, but deleted by me ]

> If your grammer and spelling are any indication of your personality, then I'm
> not surprised that NeXT did not hire you to be the CC.
> Take your beef elsewhere.

I love stuff stuff like this.  I love typos on menus, I love road signs
with company names misspelled, and I love grammatical mistakes in
embarrassing places, especially when someone is criticizing someone
else's grammar and speling.  I mean spelling.  And besides, Brad, although
I largely agree that it was an inappropriate posting, you shouldn't have
included the entire text of it.

Now, back to important things, like rumors, parity ram, Mathematica 3.0,
or whatever.

--
 Glenn Reid				RightBrain Software
 glenn@heaven.woodside.ca.us		NeXT/PostScript developers

eht@cs.cmu.edu (Eric Thayer) (06/21/91)

bhead@hfs.questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Bradley Head) writes:
> If your grammer and spelling are any indication of your personality, then I'm
          ^^^^^^^
Hmmm...I think Webster's would suggest a couple of corrections for this.

samurai@cs.mcgill.ca (Darcy BROCKBANK) (06/21/91)

In article <1991Jun21.134746.8405@cs.cmu.edu> eht@cs.cmu.edu (Eric Thayer) writes:
>bhead@hfs.questor.wimsey.bc.ca (Bradley Head) writes:
>> If your grammer and spelling are any indication of your personality, then I'm
>          ^^^^^^^
>Hmmm...I think Webster's would suggest a couple of corrections for this.

Did this just happen overnight? Why the HELL are people wasting time with SPELLING
flames? Take it somewhere else. I stopped reading all but 3 newsgroups because of
the childish crap that was going on all the time. Are CompuPeople doomed forever
to act like a bunch of spoiled infants? Lets just can it here and stick to helpful
info.

Frustrated and sick...

- db