[comp.sys.next] AKCL compile errors

JPOWELL@VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU (James Powell) (06/22/91)

This is the text of the error I got from AKCL when I tried to compile a small
Lisp program.  I have NO C-compiler of my own - just the 105Mb machine w/2.0.
I read the help 'compile info but it didn't help.  What am I doing wrong -
or what am I missing or what did I put in the wrong place?  ?  ?
This is the only language besides PostScript and shells I have.  I admit to
being totally ignorant of Lisp but I have a book and I'm trying to learn.
Any comments or advice would be appreciated.  Feel free to write me
personally at my address below.
-------------------------------
compiling gazonk0.lsp.
End of Pass 1.
End of Pass 2.  gazonk0.c:13: stdio.h: No such file or directory
gazonk0.c:14: setjmp.h: No such file or directory
gazonk0.c:15: varargs.h: No such file or directory

Error: (SYSTEM "(cd . ;/usr/local/lib/kcl/kcl-cc -DVOL=volatile -fwritable-strin
Error signalled by UNLESS.
Backtrace: system:universal-error-handler > evalhook > compile > cond > let > le

neolith>
---------------------------------
jpowell@vtvm1.cc.vt.edu

5
LINE 1 %DATE
LINE 3 %SUBJ
LINE 4 %END     %IDEND   %IDSTART
LINE 5 %DIV
LINE 22 V900100  %RESUME
AKCL compile error
comp-sys-next
ucbvax.berkeley.edu

0
12
2 7
1
0 0 1 0 1
1 0 0 0
22

___    ____________
\  \  /  ___   ___/      James Powell
 \  \/  /  /  /          VTLS Database Administration Department
  \    /  /  /           Technical Services, University Libraries
   \  /  /  /            VPI & SU, Blacksburg, VA
    \/  /__/
                         PHONE: (703) 231-3068
                         INTERNET: JPOWELL@VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU

yonezawa@m.cs.uiuc.edu (Noritake Yonezawa) (06/22/91)

JPOWELL@VTVM1.CC.VT.EDU (James Powell) writes:

>This is the text of the error I got from AKCL when I tried to compile a small
>Lisp program.  I have NO C-compiler of my own - just the 105Mb machine w/2.0.
>I read the help 'compile info but it didn't help.  What am I doing wrong -
>or what am I missing or what did I put in the wrong place?  ?  ?
>This is the only language besides PostScript and shells I have.  I admit to
>being totally ignorant of Lisp but I have a book and I'm trying to learn.
>Any comments or advice would be appreciated.  Feel free to write me
>personally at my address below.
>-------------------------------
>compiling gazonk0.lsp.
>End of Pass 1.
>End of Pass 2.  gazonk0.c:13: stdio.h: No such file or directory
>gazonk0.c:14: setjmp.h: No such file or directory
>gazonk0.c:15: varargs.h: No such file or directory

stdio.h, stddef.h, stdarg.h, setjmp.h, and varargs.h are needed in /usr/include.
But, no C library is needed.

--
Noritake Yonezawa [yonezawa@cs.uiuc.edu]
Department of Computer Science