--
- Wassim M. Jabi                   -
- Doctoral Program in Architecture -
- University of Michigan           -
- 2000 Bonisteel Boulevard         -
- Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2069         -
- wjabi@caen.engin.umich.edu       -

wjabi@srvr1 (wassim jabi) (06/19/91)

Sorry about the last article. I am new to this business.

My problem with Mouse-X is that it does not recognize
Button2 (both buttons) and Button3 (right button) events.
It only recognizes Button1 (left button). That means I
can not paste, get the twm menus (I get only one), and
operate software that requires Buttons 2 $ 3. However, my
friend's account on the same machine works just fine.
So, I copied all his startup files (.twmrc, .Xdefaults,
even .login, .cshrc, EVERYTHING) and it still has the
same behaviour. Any ideas? Thanks.
--

samurai@cs.mcgill.ca (Darcy BROCKBANK) (06/19/91)

In article <96H-AQB@engin.umich.edu> wjabi@srvr1 (wassim jabi) writes:

>My problem with Mouse-X is that it does not recognize
>Button2 (both buttons) and Button3 (right button) events.
>It only recognizes Button1 (left button). That means I
>can not paste, get the twm menus (I get only one), and
>operate software that requires Buttons 2 $ 3. However, my

This is a very common problem and has a simple solution. It
is wasy to forget that mouse-X runs "on top" of NextStep,
and not "instead" of it. Thus special defaults may carry over
when you start up X. You do not have "menu button enabled" set
in your Preferences for NextStep. If you set it, then everything
will be ok.

- db

cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) (06/23/91)

In article <96H-AQB@engin.umich.edu> wjabi@srvr1 (wassim jabi) writes:

>My problem with Mouse-X is that it does not recognize
>Button2 (both buttons) and Button3 (right button) events.

	first of all, is this already in FAQ? I have'nt check that out
	lately.

	Anyway, you forgot to set right buttom to menu from the preferences.

	Yeah! I finally catched a little bit up now! I am 200+ articles
	behind! :-)

--
cyliao@bagend.eng.umd.edu       o Q. Who am I?
      NeXTmail o.k.       	o A. A NeXTed person with 320meg HD and OD