[comp.sys.next] RTS/CTS flow control O.K.

kloppen@gmdzi.gmd.de (Jelske Kloppenburg) (06/24/91)

brian@umbc4.umbc.edu (Brian Cuthie) writes:

>In article <4975@gmdzi.gmd.de> kloppen@gmdzi.gmd.de (Jelske Kloppenburg) writes:
>>Hello,
>>I tried my modem connection with cufa. To be sure, I inserted a breakout
>>box and interrupted CTS. ...

>Well, you may want to actually assert the signal to the desired state.  Since
>you don't know what state it floats at, you can't be sure that simply
>interrupting it actually causes the host to see loss of CTS.

>My guess is that it floats in the "let the data go" state.  That way, if
>you use the cuf[n] device, and CTS is not wired, it will still pass data.

That was it. After this hint, I connected an Atari with which I could
assert and deassert the signals and I could verify the flowcontrol.

>Let me know if this works.

It works!

>-brian

Thanks, j.k.

  Jelske Kloppenburg, kloppen@gmdzi.gmd.de, (++49 2241) 14-2433
  German National Research Center for Computer Science (GMD)