[comp.sys.next] What is the format of a FAX ???

buc@jessica.stanford.edu (Robert Richards) (06/16/91)

What is the format of a received  FAX?  Can one scan in a file into
this format and then use the FaxReader to perform the Optical
Character Recognition on the file?

Thanks.

        Rob Richards

Industrialist Henry J. Kaiser said, ``I make progress by having people
around who are smarter than I am -- and listening to them. And I
assume that everyone is smarter about something than I am.''

reynolds@montana.portal.com (Jack Reynolds) (06/25/91)

In article <1991Jun15.204310.12393@leland.Stanford.EDU>
buc@jessica.stanford.edu (Robert Richards) writes:

> What is the format of a received  FAX?  Can one scan in a file into
> this format and then use the FaxReader to perform the Optical
> Character Recognition on the file?

FaxReader does not perform OCR.  OCR can be performed from the services menu of
the FaxReader application by using OCR Servant from HSD.  If anyone would like
a free demonstration copy of OCR Servant along with a manual, make an email
request and I'll send it to you by NeXTMail.  It's about a meg.  If you don't
have NeXTMail, snail a self addressed stamped envelope with diskette.
--
Jack Reynolds, VP Sales
U.S. Snail: HSD Microcomputer US Inc.

NET:	    reynolds@montana.portal.com