[comp.sys.next] Granite pattern in Icon

josephk@econ.lsa.umich.edu (Joseph Klein) (06/21/91)

    Recently, I was told the key combination that would cause Icon to scroll a
'granite' pattern behind the real picture, allowing icon designers to inspect
the opacity of the various pixels.

    The problem is, I've forgotten the key combination and can't figure it our
by trial-and-error.  Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Joe

--

Joseph Klein:               Internet: josephk@adam.econ.lsa.umich.edu
                            BITNET:   userw72t@umichum

            As far as I know, my opinions are at most my own.

shirley@washington.jsc.nasa.gov (Bill Shirley) (06/24/91)

In article <1991Jun20.185354.27117@terminator.cc.umich.edu>, josephk@econ.lsa.umich.edu (Joseph Klein) writes:

|>     Recently, I was told the key combination that would cause Icon to scroll a
|> 'granite' pattern behind the real picture, allowing icon designers to inspect
|> the opacity of the various pixels.
|>
|>     The problem is, I've forgotten the key combination and can't figure it our
|> by trial-and-error.  Does anyone know?

I believe it explains it in one of the help fascilities, at least it did in
1.0.  I'm not at my NeXT right now so can't verify it, try command-1.

--
     ____      ____      ____			Bill Shirley
    / ___|    / ___|    / ___|			bill@gothamcity.jsc.nasa.gov

aozer@next.com (Ali Ozer) (06/25/91)

In article <1991Jun20.185354.27117@terminator.cc.umich.edu> Joseph Klein writes:
>Recently, I was told the key combination that would cause Icon to scroll a
>'granite' pattern behind the real picture, ...

The magic key is 1.

Ali, Ali_Ozer@NeXT.com