[comp.sys.next] mail talk

gonzo@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (SfR.) (06/25/91)

Thanx
        first:
                NexTMail does not delete deleted mail.
                It just makes it unreadable.
                Deleted mail can still be read with any
                editor or the good old mail -f.
                NeXT Mail really gets big after the third
                LipService.
                ?How do I delete, not conceil,
                NeXT Mail within this tool?
        second:
                second try.

        talk: hostname: Can't figure out network address.

                My talk doesn't even work on my standalone NeXT.
		This machine was conncted as a client to a net
		for a few days.
                Since then all services working with RPC were corrupted.
                Does anybody know what damage the net did to my
                NetInfo?
Thanx
SfR
--
					gonzo@opal.uucp
					gonzo@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de

mcohen@ac-next2 (Michael Cohen) (06/26/91)

In article <3951@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de> gonzo@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (SfR.)
writes:
> [...]
>                 NexTMail does not delete deleted mail.
>                 It just makes it unreadable.
>                 Deleted mail can still be read with any
>                 editor or the good old mail -f.
>                 NeXT Mail really gets big after the third
>                 LipService.
>                 ?How do I delete, not conceil,
>                 NeXT Mail within this tool?

In Mail, Utilities->Compact (command+k) does the garbage collection.

Michael Cohen
Room S-08
NTT Human Interface Labs
3-9-11, Midori-cho, Musashino-shi