[comp.sys.next] Communicae & Tektronix 401x terminal emulation.

perkins@spot.Colorado.EDU (PERKINS TYLER R) (06/25/91)

Has anyone used Communicae, by Active Ingredients, Inc.?  Are you happy with
it?  Bugs?  Neat features?  How does it compare with Terminal or Stuart for
ordinary text?  Indeed, is it shipping?!

Are there any other such Tek 401x emulator applications out there?

windemut@lisboa.ks.uiuc.edu (Andreas Windemuth) (06/27/91)

In article <1991Jun25.021537.12258@colorado.edu> perkins@spot.Colorado.EDU
(PERKINS TYLER R) writes:
> Has anyone used Communicae, by Active Ingredients, Inc.?  Are you happy with
> it?  Bugs?  Neat features?  How does it compare with Terminal or Stuart for
> ordinary text?  Indeed, is it shipping?!
>
> Are there any other such Tek 401x emulator applications out there?

I have had some opportunity to use communicae, and I thought
the text handling is much nicer than Stuart or Terminal. I especially
like its capability of using ANY font, and the several ways
that are provided for correctly tabulating text when a
using a Terminal to read news, non-proportional fonts were
starting to hurt my eyes until I tried using communicae.

It is a very nice program, although slightly
non-standard in the user interface. The extremely general
way to define key functions also comes to mind.

I don't know about the Tek 401x emulation, never had to use it.

--
		Andreas Windemuth