[comp.sys.next] NeXTWorld

gerard@bora.inria.fr (Gerard Iglesias) (01/23/91)

How do i subscribe to NextWorld from French country???

Thank you

haroldt@paralandra.yorku.ca (Harold Tomlinson) (01/29/91)

How does one go about subscribing or at least getting a few copies to
peruse when they don't yet own a Next?  If I'm going to sink that kind of
money into a box, I'd like to see more of it's world.

harold.t.
=====                                                            =====
===                      Harold Tomlinson                          ===
==             Computing and Communications Services                ==
=                        YORK UNIVERSITY                             =
=                  haroldt@paralandra.yorku.ca                       =
=                   or haroldt@nexus.yorku.ca                        =
=                      416- 736-5257-33802                           =

tgingric@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Tyler S Gingrich) (01/30/91)

In article <HAROLDT.91Jan28142615@paralandra.yorku.ca> haroldt@paralandra.yorku.ca (Harold Tomlinson) writes:

>How does one go about subscribing or at least getting a few copies to
>peruse when they don't yet own a Next?  If I'm going to sink that kind of
>money into a box, I'd like to see more of it's world.

NeXTWorld Addresses:

  NeXTWorld
  501 Second Street
  San Francisco,  CA  94107
  internet: nextwrld!ddinucci@uunet.uu.net
  MCI Mail: NEXTWORLD
  Compusrv: 76207,1326

  Subscription Services
  PO BOX 56429
  Boulder, CO  80322-6429
  1-800-775-6398

  BackIssues    ($8.00 each)
  501 Second Street
  San Francisco, CA  94107

Tyler

user_groups@NeXT.com (04/25/91)

Re: a previous posting on NeXTWORLD

>I've been trying to get through to NeXTWORLD (800)775-6398, but this
>number does not seem to be working...
>Neither does 800 directory service know about NeXTWORLD nor do
>they know about Integrated Media Inc.

The number for NeXTWORLD is 1-800-745-7002.

<FHSJFC@BYUVM.BITNET> (06/28/91)

Has anyone out there seen a later issue of NeXTWorld than April?  I
realize that this is a bi-monthly mag. but it should come out the
first of June right?  I am wondering if the company has gone bellyup
or what.
Comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff Carlson

isbell@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (Art Isbell) (06/28/91)

In article <91178.222503FHSJFC@BYUVM.BITNET> FHSJFC@BYUVM.BITNET writes:
>Has anyone out there seen a later issue of NeXTWorld than April?  I
>realize that this is a bi-monthly mag. but it should come out the
>first of June right?  I am wondering if the company has gone bellyup
>or what.

NeXTWORLD's new crack reporter, Simpson Garfinkel (author of nibeditor),
attended the BaNG (Bay Area NeXT Group) Developer SIG meeting on Tuesday taking
notes on his Toshiba laptop for a future NeXTWORLD article, so NeXTWORLD is
still alive.  Its new editor has been introduced to BaNG also.

NeXTWORLD is changing its style somewhat and its publication schedule.  The
style will be a little less "ethereal" (I'm not sure what I mean by that, but
maybe that's the nature of ethereal :-) and the slick issue will be published
quarterly rather than bimonthly with monthly factual and more timely
newsletters with no advertising, as I understand.

But I, too, am puzzled why nothing has arrived since the April issue...
--
                                          _____   ____
Art Isbell                 |\   |  HELP!  |    |  |   \    315 Moon Meadow Lane

hardy@golem.ps.uci.edu (Meinhard E. Mayer (Hardy)) (06/28/91)

This reminds me -- I was supposed to get a FREE subscription to this
when I registered in February. Have not seen anything but the
"Premiere issue," at the bookstore.
Anyone at NeXT/NeXTWorld care to comment?

Greetings,
Hardy
			  -------****-------
Meinhard E. Mayer (Hardy);  Department of Physics, University of California
Irvine CA 92717; (714) 856 5543; hardy@golem.ps.uci.edu or MMAYER@UCI.BITNET

gersten@css.itd.umich.edu (Glen H. Gersten) (06/29/91)

On Thurs, June 27th, Jeff Carlson wrote:
>	Has anyone out there seen a later issue of NeXTWorld than April?  I
>	realize that this is a bi-monthly mag. but it should come out the
>	first of June right?  I am wondering if the company has gone bellyup
>	or what.
>	Comments would be appreciated.

A couple of weeks ago, I receive a postcard stating that my subscription was
being interupted due to a shortage of printed issues.  Since I haven't seen any
copies at the local newsstands, I presume that NeXTWorld seriously baffed on
their copy estimates and thus couldn't send to a large part of their
subscription.  Then again, maybe they just couldn't get the issue together in
time for publication.

GH

gersten@css.itd.umich.edu

reynolds@idaho (Jack Reynolds) (06/29/91)

In article <91178.222503FHSJFC@BYUVM.BITNET> FHSJFC@BYUVM.BITNET writes:
> Has anyone out there seen a later issue of NeXTWorld than April?  I
> realize that this is a bi-monthly mag. but it should come out the
> first of June right?  I am wondering if the company has gone bellyup
> or what.
> Comments would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff Carlson

NeXTWorld is coming out in July.  We have an advertisement on the inside front
cover announcing two new products for NeXT.  Watch for it.

Jack Reynolds, VP Sales
U.S. Snail: HSD Microcomputer US Inc.
            1350 Pear Ave., Suite C
            Mountain View, CA  94043
            (415)964-1400
	    (415)964-1538 Fax

NET:	    reynolds@montana.portal.com

simsong@NeXTWORLD.COM (Simson Garfinkel) (06/30/91)

NeXTWORLD is now quarterly.  The summer issue just went to the printer.
We will be having a monthly newsletter for keeping people informed
of what is going on between issues.

Hope this helps.

--Simson
--