[net.auto] A****le Driver of the Month

fish@ihu1g.UUCP (Bob Fishell) (03/08/86)

Do you tailgate? Charge yellow lights from 100 yards back? Disregard stop
signs on right turns?  Drive without a muffler?  You could wind up here!

My A****le Driver of the Month Award for February, 1986 goes to the guy
who tailgated me down a residential street and passed me illegally when
I braked to avoid a dog.  He came within 6" of killing the dog.

This occurred on Friday, Feb. 28, at about 7:30 PM, in Lombard,
Illinois.  The driver had a 4-door Honda Accord sedan.  Was this
you???  If so, please arrange to meet me at the Lombard Police
Station to recieve your award!
--
 __
/  \

dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) (03/10/86)

In article <789@ihu1g.UUCP> fish@ihu1g.UUCP (Bob Fishell) writes:

>My A****le Driver of the Month Award for February, 1986 goes to the guy
>who tailgated me down a residential street and passed me illegally when
>I braked to avoid a dog.  He came within 6" of killing the dog.

I got an ADOTM award for some idiot who was going under 75 on a
residential street, and when I tailgated him to give him a gentle hint
he wouldn't pull over. Then the turkey suddenly puts on his brakes to
avoid some damn dog. I had to pass him illegally, and I was so shook
up I missed the dog!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

wersan@daemen.uucp (John Slasher Wersan III) (03/15/86)

In article <1293@cvl.UUCP>, eli@cvl.UUCP (Eli Liang) writes:
> In article <789@ihu1g.UUCP> fish@ihu1g.UUCP writes:
> >My A****le Driver of the Month Award for February, 1986 goes to the guy
> >who tailgated me down a residential street and passed me illegally ....

	Whenever anyone tailgates me on a residential street, I take
	my foot off of the accelerator and coast (My car is big enough
	to take up a good chunk of the road, plus it coasts at ~2 mph)

	This will usually cause the tailgater to explode, as he/she
	can not pass, in about one or two minutes the fool gets the
	idea that I don't like being tailgated, and backs off, then,
	and only then do I speed up. This has yet to fail.

	Try this!!

--
          		John Wersan
UUCP : "decvax!sunybcs!daemen!wersan" or "inhp4!kitty!daemen!wersan"