[net.auto] info on 626 wanted

mjs@g.cs.cmu.edu (Mark Stehlik) (03/13/86)

I am posting this for someone at CMU who does not have access to the net.
Please mail responses to me and I will forward them to him.  The message
follows:

Subject: Mazda 626 & 323

I'm looking for information concerning either the Mazda 626 or 323.  If
anyone knows about any good or bad points about either of these cars please
send me mail.  If there is enough interest, I'll summarize to the Net.

--

ARPA:  mjs@cmu-cs-g
--

mp152207@sjuvax.UUCP (03/17/86)

In article <353@g.cs.cmu.edu> mjs@g.cs.cmu.edu.UUCP writes:
>I am posting this for someone at CMU who does not have access to the net.
>Please mail responses to me and I will forward them to him.  The message
>follows:
>

>Subject: Mazda 626 & 323
>
>I'm looking for information concerning either the Mazda 626 or 323.  If
>anyone knows about any good or bad points about either of these cars please
>send me mail.  If there is enough interest, I'll summarize to the Net.
>
>--
>
>ARPA:  mjs@cmu-cs-g
>--

        Recently my next door neighbors asked my advice on the purchase
of a new car to replace their 1982 Buick Skylark.  They wanted a small
4-door because this was to be the second car of the family.  I suggested
that they look into the Honda Accord.  They loved it but unfortunately
the dealer wanted $2500 over the sticker,$16,000 total.  Since my father
had recently bought a Mazda product,  1986 RX-7 GXL,  and was more than
pleased,  I took them to the Mazda dealer.  They were impressed with
the styling and ride of the 626.  The car had almost all of the features
of the Honda,  auto, power everything, ac, cruise, etc.  The best
feature of the car was the fact that the dealer took about $500 off of
a sticker price of about $12,000.
        They have now had the car for about a month and not one problem
has arrisen.  The car is perfect.  The man who bought the car for his
wife likes it so much that he drives it almost everyday leaving his
wife with his '86 Buick Park Ave. He is a 60 year old real estate
broker so this is his first experience with a car smaller than a
two bedroom apartment.
        On the whole I can highly recomend the 626 to anyone who
wants an Accord type car but is unwilling to give the greedy
dealers an extra $2500.