[aus.ai] Prologs for IBM PC and Mac

lacey@cascade.trl.oz (Jon Lacey) (09/30/88)

Here, as promised, is a summary of the useful replies to my request
for information on PROLOGs which run, with the same functionality,
on IBM PCs (or compatibles) and on Macintoshes.

There weren't many!

The first reply was from:
fbacchus@watdragon.waterloo.edu@munnari.oz, or
Fahiem Bacchus <fbacchus%watdragon.waterloo.edu@RELAY.CS.NET@munnari.oz>.

The remainder of the replies basically said:

>Have you tried Turbo Prolog?

They said that, although Turbo Prolog is not a "true" (ie. C&M) PROLOG,
it has (in its latest version) all the features that I asked for.

The only problem with Turbo Prolog 2 is that, as far as I know, there is
NOT a version which runs on the Macintosh. I have checked this with the
local suppliers, and they say that Borland are not planning to develop
a "Mac Turbo Prolog" in the near future.

If you have heard anything to the contrary, please tell me!

Jon.