[gnu.emacs.vms] Dired.el for VMS systems?

tower@WHEATIES.AI.MIT.EDU (Leonard H. Tower Jr.) (10/08/88)

From: oleary@cascade.carleton.cdn (John O'Leary)
Newsgroups: comp.emacs
Subject: Dired.el for VMS systems?
Date: 7 Oct 88 02:50:00 GMT
Sender: news@bbn.com
Apparently-To: emacs-netnews-distribution@prep.ai.mit.edu

Hi there,

I'm looking for a copy of dired.el that has been modified/rewritten
to work under VMS. Has anyone done this already?

Please reply to me directly, as I don't read this list regularly.

Regards,

John O'Leary, Bell-Northern Research, Ottawa
   JWO@BNR.CA
   oleary@cascade.carleton.ca

reha@cunixc.columbia.edu (Reha Elci) (10/10/88)

Well, one of the key functions to a lot of the .el files in GNU's lisp
library seems to be the start-process function. Has anyone written this
for the VMS that would then make possible other functions like compile?

I think people should 'post' replies rather than email since there are
certainly others who might be interested. Anybody who is looking for
answers to their questions should also take the time to read this nwesgroup.

The control-G problem seems to be sporadic in our case;it is highly unlikely
that there is something wrong with terminals or terminal servers. We are
using Decnet; does this happen with any other networks?

Reha Elci