[gnu.emacs.lisp.manual] How do I get it

eric@A.CS.UIUC.EDU (Eric Hanchrow) (02/03/90)

I've got a copy of the lisp manual that says it's the 3rd draft
edition.  I got it last August; what I want to know is, is there a
more up-to-date version available, and how can I get it (preferably
without FTP, as I'm not on the Internet)?
Thanks.
	|Eric Hanchrow		yamada-sun!eric@nosun.west.sun.com		|
	|Phase III Logic, Inc.	...!{tektronix, sun}!nosun!yamada-sun!eric	|
	|1600 N.W. 167th Place		Beaverton, OR 97006			|
	|Voice: (503)-645-0313		Fax: (503)-645-0207	as of 13-Dec-89	|

allard@isi.edu (Dennis Allard) (02/04/90)

In article <9002030432.AA03365@yamada-sun.UUCP>,
yamada-sun!eric@A.CS.UIUC.EDU (Eric Hanchrow) writes:
> I've got a copy of the lisp manual that says it's the 3rd draft
> edition.  I got it last August; what I want to know is, is there a
> more up-to-date version available, and how can I get it (preferably
> without FTP, as I'm not on the Internet)?
> Thanks.

I would like to obtain the manual also.  I hope a response to Eric's
query will be sent to the net and not just to him personally.

Dennis Allard  allard@isi.edu

tower@AI.MIT.EDU (Leonard H. Tower Jr.) (02/05/90)

   Date: 4 Feb 90 07:08:33 GMT
   From: allard@venera.isi.edu  (Dennis Allard)
   Sender: gnu-manual-request@a.cs.uiuc.edu

   In article <9002030432.AA03365@yamada-sun.UUCP>,
   yamada-sun!eric@A.CS.UIUC.EDU (Eric Hanchrow) writes:
   > I've got a copy of the lisp manual that says it's the 3rd draft
   > edition.  I got it last August; what I want to know is, is there a
   > more up-to-date version available, and how can I get it (preferably
   > without FTP, as I'm not on the Internet)?
   > Thanks.

   I would like to obtain the manual also.  I hope a response to Eric's
   query will be sent to the net and not just to him personally.

   Dennis Allard  allard@isi.edu

FSF will be releasing the GNU Emacs Lisp Reference manual next month
(March 1990).

It will be ftp-able from prep.ai.mit.edu at that time.  One will also
be able to order hard copy.  Wait for the announcement in info-gnu.

thanx -len