[gnu.gdb.bug] Porting gdb to ISI

becher@armada.UUCP (Jonathan D. Becher) (11/10/88)

Has anyone out there had any luck porting gdb to the ISI?

The ISI is a 68020 with a 68881 floating point chip. I've looked through
the file m-sun3.h and don't believe it's exactly what I want.  One of
the headers makes mention of a m-isi-ov.h but it's not in the
distribution as far as I can tell. I have run across a mail message in
the distribution from Charles LaBrec which seems to be m-isi-ov.h, although
it might be a few revs out of date.

In any event, I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has done this
port.

IN thanks ADVANCE,

Jon Becher
argosy!becher@decwrl.dec.com

In article <71@armada.UUCP>, (Jonathan D. Becher) writes:
> Has anyone out there had any luck porting gdb to the ISI?
>
> One of the headers makes mention of a m-isi-ov.h but it's not in the
> distribution as far as I can tell. I have run across a mail message in
> the distribution from Charles LaBrec which seems to be m-isi-ov.h, although
> it might be a few revs out of date.

In partial answer to my own question, it appers that the problem stems
from the fact that m-isi-ov.h is not included in release 2.8.0 although
it is included in the older 2.5.3.  Does anybody know why this is?

Jon Becher
argosy!becher@decwrl.dec.com

"What do you get when you cross a chicken with a hawk?"