[gnu.gdb.bug] config name for Sequent Symmetry inconsistant

rfg@ICS.UCI.EDU (10/05/89)

I have built myself a top level Makefile that builds all of the
important gnu tools that I normally work with.  This top level
Makefile wants (for simplicty) to believe that the "config"
name of any given machine is consistant between config.gcc, config.g++,
and config.gdb.

Sounds resonable, eh?

Well the problem is that a Sequent Symmetry goes by the name of "seq386"
in the config.gcc script, but it goes bu the name of "symmetry" in the
config.gdb script.

Could this minor irritant be eliminated?

// rfg

rfg@ics.uci.edu (Ronald Guilmette) (10/07/89)

In article <8910041432.aa07633@ICS.UCI.EDU> rfg@ICS.UCI.EDU writes:

>Well the problem is that a Sequent Symmetry goes by the name of "seq386"
>in the config.gcc script, but it goes bu the name of "symmetry" in the
>config.gdb script.

I goofed up.  Doug Schmidt pointed out to me that the *real* name used in
config.gcc is actually symmetry-i386.  Sorry for the goof.

// rfg