[gnu.gdb.bug] compile gdb with gcc -Wall

gnu%msm10@log-sv.se (02/23/90)

I compiled gdb with gcc-1.37 and -Wall.
I have never seen such a mass of warnings.

Could`nt you guys at least try to make the code gcc complaints free.

Sincerely,

	Hans Eric

rfg@ics.uci.edu (Ronald Guilmette) (02/25/90)

In article <9002221656.AA09651@msm10.log-sv.se> gnu%msm10@log-sv.se writes:

>I compiled gdb with gcc-1.37 and -Wall.
>I have never seen such a mass of warnings.
>
>Could`nt you guys at least try to make the code gcc complaints free.

I have been praying for that to happen to *all* of the GNU software for
quite a long time.  Nobody seems to care.

Try compiling protoize with -Wall.  You should get zero warnings/errors.
That's even with the code fully function-prototyped!!

I consider -Wall one indicator of code quality.  Others apparently disagree.

// Ron Guilmette (rfg@ics.uci.edu)
// C++ Entomologist
// Motto:  If it sticks, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.