[gnu.g++.bug] making g++ on a uVAX running ULTRIX 2.2

mike@cs.keele.ac.uk (Mike Green) (11/28/88)

I am currently trying to make g++ on one of our uVAXs.

I have succesfully made and installed gcc (version 1.29)

When I then try to make g++, following the instructions in the README or
INSTALL file I get the message:-
	stmt.c: 629  MAX_STES_PER_INSN  undefined

Does anyone have any idea what this should be defined as, or what I am doing
wrong to get this type of message.

Also does anyone have an accurate set of fixes to install gcc/g++ on a Sun
3/60 running Sun OS 3.5, the make dies for gcc on that.

BTW Has anyone tried to install gcc/g++ on a PC/AT running System V/AT or
any other System V 286 box? If you have could you please contact me asap.

Thanks for any help,

--
||Michael A. Green.              |JANET:   mike@uk.ac.keele.cs               ||
||Department of Computer Science |BITNET:  mike%cs.kl.ac.uk@ukacrl           ||

mike@cs.keele.ac.uk (Mike Green) (11/28/88)

From article <433@kl-cs.UUCP>, by mike@cs.keele.ac.uk (Mike Green):
> 	stmt.c: 629  MAX_STES_PER_INSN  undefined

Sorry that should read:-

	stmt.c: 629  MAX_SETS_PER_INSN  undefined

--

schmidt@blanche.ics.uci.edu (Doug Schmidt) (11/30/88)

In article <433@kl-cs.UUCP> mike@cs.keele.ac.uk (Mike Green) writes:
>I am currently trying to make g++ on one of our uVAXs.
>
>I have succesfully made and installed gcc (version 1.29)
>
>When I then try to make g++, following the instructions in the README or
>INSTALL file I get the message:-
>	stmt.c: 629  MAX_STES_PER_INSN  undefined
>
>Does anyone have any idea what this should be defined as, or what I am doing
>wrong to get this type of message.

You must always be sure to use the appropriate gcc source code
back-end for g++.  In this case, you'll need the gcc 1.27 source code,
since the g++ compiler is currently version 1.27.  I believe that the gcc.127
tar tape is still available from prep.ai.mit.edu.

When g++ 1.31 is released you will then be able to graft it onto the
gcc 1.31 source code ( most recent version of gcc ).

Doug
--
schmidt@ics.uci.edu (ARPA) |   Per me si va nella citta' dolente.