tiemann@MARKTWAIN.STANFORD.EDU (Michael Tiemann) (12/19/88)

   Date: Sun, 18 Dec 88 11:15:27 MST
   From: amb@bert.cs.byu.edu (A. Michael Burbidge)

   Problem building g++.
   Machine: Sun 3/60
   OS: SunOS 3.4
   Version: g++ 1.31, gcc 1.31

   While linking c++, I get an undefined on _reverse_condition. I looked in jump.c
   and found that it was declared as static. I assume I got the undefined because
   it is used outside of jump.c and it is declared static. Why is this? This seems
   like such an obvious error, that I wonder if I did something major wrong in the
   way that I installed g++. Help!

   Mike Burbidge ---
   amb@bunsen.byu.edu

The message announcing the availability of GNU C++ warned of this
problem.  Just change reverse_condition to be non-static, and proceed.

Michael

schmidt@siam.ics.uci.edu (Doug Schmidt) (12/19/88)

In article <8812181815.AA05587@bert.cs.byu.edu> amb@BERT.CS.BYU.EDU (A. Michael Burbidge) writes:
>While linking c++, I get an undefined on _reverse_condition. I looked in jump.c
>and found that it was declared as static. I assume I got the undefined because
>it is used outside of jump.c and it is declared static. Why is this? This seems
>like such an obvious error, that I wonder if I did something major wrong in the
>way that I installed g++. Help!

Hi,

  If you look carefully at the messge posted by Michael Tiemann you'll
see that he described this problem and instructed g++ installers to
remove the static qualifier from reverse_condition in jump.c

Doug
--
schmidt@ics.uci.edu (ARPA) |   Per me si va nella citta' dolente.
office: (714) 856-4043     |   Per me si va nell'eterno dolore.
                           |   Per me si va tra la perduta gente.
                           |   Lasciate ogni speranza o voi ch'entrate.

dwf%prudence@LANL.GOV (David W. Forslund) (12/19/88)

There was a warning to this effect in the announcement of g++1.31,
that some function in jump.c was declared static and not global.  The
fix is to edit jump.c and removethe declaration of reverse_condition
as static.

Dave Forslund