[net.followup] The SUMMIT

inc@fluke.UUCP (Gary Benson) (12/02/85)

> ##
> Can anyone tell me the colors of Nancy and Raisa's dresses that they wore
> on Wednesday? I just couldn't tell from the black and white photo in the
> newspaper. Also, a little off of the subject, what is the throw weight of
> an SS-20?
> 						WW

Nancy wore a cranberry suit with sky blue accessories. Raisa's
dress was a grey-green wool that set off her eyes very agreeably.

Sorry I don't know the exact throw weight of the SS-20 but I imagine it's at
least a few hundred megatons. Doesn't Raisa have some nice jewelry? I was
really impressed. She has such good taste.

--
 Gary Benson  *  John Fluke Mfg. Co.  *  PO Box C9090  *  Everett WA  *  98206
   MS/232-E  = =   {allegra} {uw-beaver} !fluke!inc   = =   (206)356-5367

dgary@ecsvax.UUCP (D Gary Grady) (12/04/85)

In article <736@tpvax.fluke.UUCP> inc@fluke.UUCP (Gary Benson) writes:
>Nancy wore a cranberry suit with sky blue accessories. Raisa's
>dress was a grey-green wool that set off her eyes very agreeably.
>. . . . Doesn't Raisa have some nice jewelry? I was
>really impressed. She has such good taste.

I'm reminded of the old story about Brezhnev and his wife touring their
new home shortly after he came into power.  He kept showing her the
space, and amenities, the furniture, the tvs, etc. etc. and she kept
looking more and more worried until she finally looked at him and
whispered, "But Leonid, what will become of us if the Reds take over?"
--
D Gary Grady
Duke U Comp Center, Durham, NC  27706

ajs@datlog.UUCP ( Andy Simms ) (12/05/85)

In article <736@tpvax.fluke.UUCP> inc@fluke.UUCP (Gary Benson) writes:
>> ##
>> Can anyone tell me the colors of Nancy and Raisa's dresses that they wore
>> on Wednesday? I just couldn't tell from the black and white photo in the
>> newspaper. Also, a little off of the subject, what is the throw weight of
>> an SS-20?
>> 						WW
>
>Nancy wore a cranberry suit with sky blue accessories. Raisa's
>dress was a grey-green wool that set off her eyes very agreeably.
>
>Sorry I don't know the exact throw weight of the SS-20 but I imagine it's at
>least a few hundred megatons. Doesn't Raisa have some nice jewelry? I was
>really impressed. She has such good taste.

Quite right. At the Geneva fashion show, Nancy with the plastic face was
almost outdone by her counterpart, always able to Raisa smile for the cameras.
Maybe in those cosy fireside chats Mikhail was trying to persuade The Great
Communicator to part with his bottles of Grecian 2000. It's extraordinary to
find that Russkies are actually human after all, isn't it?
Pass the sick bag.