[gnu.g++.bug] test release of 1.36.2

tiemann@AI.MIT.EDU (Micheal Tiemann) (01/08/90)

There is a new test release of GNU C++ 1.36.2 on trix.ai.mit.edu
available by anonymous ftp.  The internet number for trix is
128.52.32.6.  If trix is down, I can try putting it other places for
you.  This version fixes a problem discovered with virtual
baseclasses, and requires that all code using virtual baseclasses be
recompiled.  This version of the compiler should be used for compiling
libg++-1.36.2.

Michael

djm@eng.umd.edu (David J. MacKenzie) (01/09/90)

In article <9001071641.AA02127@corn-chex> tiemann@AI.MIT.EDU (Micheal Tiemann) writes:

   recompiled.  This version of the compiler should be used for compiling
   libg++-1.36.2.

Where is *that* available from?  prep still has libg++-1.36.1, and
it's not on trix or interviews either.
--
David J. MacKenzie <djm@eng.umd.edu> <djm@ai.mit.edu>

palmer@MWUNIX.MITRE.ORG (01/10/90)

>  Subject: test release of 1.36.2
>
>  There is a new test release of GNU C++ 1.36.2 on trix.ai.mit.edu
>  available by anonymous ftp.  The internet number for trix is
>  128.52.32.6.  If trix is down, I can try putting it other places for
>  you.  This version fixes a problem discovered with virtual
>  baseclasses, and requires that all code using virtual baseclasses be
>  recompiled.  This version of the compiler should be used for compiling
>  libg++-1.36.2.
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Would someone please post the location of the distribution of libg+-1.36.2?
It's not on trix, prep or interviews.

Thanks in advance,

Forrest Palmer
Systems Programmer/Administrator
MITRE Corp. - Washington Center

palmer@mwunix.mitre.org
"Diplomacy is about surviving until the next century."
"Politics is about surviving until Friday afternoon."
			- Sir Humphrey Appleby

djm@eng.umd.edu (David J. MacKenzie) (01/10/90)

In article <9001091617.AA02608@mwunix.mitre.org> palmer@MWUNIX.MITRE.ORG writes:

> Would someone please post the location of the distribution of libg+-1.36.2?
> It's not on trix, prep or interviews.

Here is mail I received telling how to get a test version of libg++ 1.36.2:

From dl@g.oswego.edu Tue Jan  9 13:34:40 1990
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 90 10:59:48 EST
From: dl@g.oswego.edu (Doug Lea)
To: mojo!mojo!djm@mimsy.umd.edu, djm@eng.umd.edu
Subject: test release of 1.36.2

A version that was sent to prestesters is on labrea.stanford.edu: ~ftp/pub/gnu

A few problems reported by them have been fixed, but it is otherwise
apparently nearly stable enough for release. You are welcome to try
it out!

-Doug
--
David J. MacKenzie <djm@eng.umd.edu> <djm@ai.mit.edu>