[gnu.chess] XDrawLines XFillPolygon xchess

chudnall@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Christopher Hudnall) (08/16/89)

In article <3424@lams.UUCP> gmt@lams.UUCP (Gary Trimble) writes:
>I am trying to compile the xchess program(s) from GNU and get
>the undefined variables:

>_XDrawLines
>_XFillPolygon

>I have added the -loldX library without luck. I'm sure others have
>sucessfully run this on a Sun (X11R3). Suggestions would be graciously
>accepted by email. Thanks for your help.

I was under the impression that xchess would only run under X10. If
ANYONE knows how to get it running under X11, I would greatly
appreciate it if they would send me mail about it.

Thanks in advance

dworkin@Solbourne.COM (Dieter Muller) (08/17/89)

In article <17182@ut-emx.UUCP> chudnall@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Christopher Hudnall) writes:
>In article <3424@lams.UUCP> gmt@lams.UUCP (Gary Trimble) writes:
>>I have added the -loldX library without luck.
>
>I was under the impression that xchess would only run under X10.

Interesting.  I had no problem, after inserting -loldX *before* the -lX11.
This is on the virtual equivalent of a Sun 4 running 4.0.1.  If the above
doesn't do it for you, send me mail (include your Makefile).

	Dworkin

--
"Your spatial laws are ok, but God, the choices you give us." -- Deborah Blau
boulder!stan!dworkin  dworkin%stan@boulder.colorado.edu  dworkin@solbourne.com

gmt@lams.UUCP (Gary Trimble) (09/08/89)

I am trying to compile the xchess program(s) from GNU and get
the undefined variables:

_XDrawLines
_XFillPolygon

I have added the -loldX library without luck. I'm sure others have
sucessfully run this on a Sun (X11R3). Suggestions would be graciously
accepted by email. Thanks for your help.

Gary Trimble
--
Gary M. Trimble - Lockheed Marine Automation and Robotics Engineering
uucp: {(siesmo!rutgers!lll-lcc!ames)(ucbvax!hplabs!cae780!leadsv)}!lams!gmt