[gnu.chess] Transposition Table Navigator not yet available

garth@nyx.UUCP (Garth E. Courtois Jr.) (02/01/90)

In the message in rec.games.chess
(Stuart Cracraft) writes:

>>In article <253@nyx.UUCP> garth@nyx.UUCP (Garth E. Courtois Jr.)
>>writes: I am using a 1989 version of Gnu chess, with modifications
>>made by David Furtney.  The modifications are primarily
>>an interface to permit interaction with the transposition
>>table.
 Stuart Cracraft repiles:
>Indeed. Would you be willing to contact Furtney to see if he
>would contribute his transposition interface to GNU?

I talked with David on Monday evening.  The interface is incomplete and
he wants to finish it, and publish.  We had hoped to have it presentable
by January, but now, with his current schedule, it will not be done
before May, 1990.

I will post to gnu.chess when it becomes available.
						   - Garth

	     garth@nyx.UUCP