[can.uucp] Usenix get-together?

rayan@ai.toronto.edu (Rayan Zachariassen) (05/31/89)

At the last few Usenixen there has been a BOF session where Canadian
sysadmins could chat about whatever was on their mind; the last two years
it seemed to be mostly Sun, but who knows what inventive minds can come
up with...  Is there any interest in continuing this?  Would you prefer
a normal BOF period, or should we meet for a chat (and dinner?) after the
conference (Friday evening) so there won't be a clash with other BOFs?

woods@eci386.uucp (Greg A. Woods) (05/31/89)

In article <89May30.173354edt.11722@neat.ai.toronto.edu> rayan@ai.toronto.edu (Rayan Zachariassen) writes:
> At the last few Usenixen there has been a BOF session where Canadian
> sysadmins could chat about whatever was on their mind; the last two years
> it seemed to be mostly Sun, but who knows what inventive minds can come
> up with...  Is there any interest in continuing this?  Would you prefer
> a normal BOF period, or should we meet for a chat (and dinner?) after the
> conference (Friday evening) so there won't be a clash with other BOFs?

I like the Friday evening timeslot, since I won't be able to
get there until Thursday morning....  Of course I've not been
to a Usenix conference before either :-)  Dan T. and Taras will
be arriving Thurs. AM too.
--
						Greg A. Woods

woods@{{utgpu,eci386,ontmoh,tmsoft}.UUCP,gpu.utcs.UToronto.CA,utorgpu.BITNET}
+1-416-443-1734 [h]  +1-416-595-5425 [w]		Toronto, Ontario CANADA

rjwhite@watmath.waterloo.edu (RJ White) (06/01/89)

	...  Is there any interest in continuing this?  Would you prefer
	a normal BOF period, or should we meet for a chat (and dinner?) after
	the conference (Friday evening) so there won't be a clash with other
	BOFs?

I'd prefer the dinner/chat on Fri

rayan@ai.toronto.edu (Rayan Zachariassen) (06/03/89)

>From the messages I've seen and gotten it looks like Friday is it.
Probably starting shortly after the conference closes.  Look for something
on the message board down there.