umerin@UUNET.UU.NET (Masanobu UMEDA) (11/29/88)

   Date: Mon, 21 Nov 88 11:51:48 -0500
   From: flab!fgw!uunet!sun.soe.clarkson.edu!mrd

   I have gnus 3.10 with emacs 18.51 up and I am having a little bit of a
   problem with misc.test.  Gnus won't let me read it.  vn can rn can but
   not gnus but gnus can read every other group that we have.

I'd like to know details about your problem. When you select misc.test
in GNUS, what happens?

   I am confused.

Me too.

Masanobu UMEDA
umerin@flab.Fujitsu.JUNET
umerin%flab.Fujitsu.JUNET@uunet.uu.NET

mrd@SUN.SOE.CLARKSON.EDU (Michael DeCorte) (11/30/88)

   From: umerin@photon.stars.flab.fujitsu.junet (Masanobu UMEDA)
   Newsgroups: cct.gnus
   Date: 29 Nov 88 09:41:36 GMT

      Date: Mon, 21 Nov 88 11:51:48 -0500
      From: flab!fgw!uunet!sun.soe.clarkson.edu!mrd

      I have gnus 3.10 with emacs 18.51 up and I am having a little bit of a
      problem with misc.test.  Gnus won't let me read it.  vn can rn can but
      not gnus but gnus can read every other group that we have.

   I'd like to know details about your problem. When you select misc.test
   in GNUS, what happens?

      I am confused.

Nothing, just hangs until you hit ^G.

P.S. just noticed, for this article when I did a reply
it set the To: field to
info-gnus-english@cis.ohio-state.ed
instead of
info-gnus-english@cis.ohio-state.edu
even though the the body of your message has

Michael DeCorte // (315)265-2439 // P.O. Box 652, Potsdam, NY 13676
Internet: mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu  // Bitnet:   mrd@clutx.bitnet
Clarkson Archive Server // commands = help, index, send, path
archive-server@sun.soe.clarkson.edu
archive-server%sun.soe.clarkson.edu@omnigate.bitnet
dumb1!dumb2!dumb3!smart!sun.soe.clarkson.edu!archive-server

umerin@UUNET.UU.NET (Masanobu UMEDA) (12/09/88)

   Date: Tue, 29 Nov 88 20:25:59 EST
   From: Michael DeCorte <flab!fgw!uunet!sun.soe.clarkson.edu!mrd>

      From: umerin@photon.stars.flab.fujitsu.junet (Masanobu UMEDA)
      Newsgroups: cct.gnus
      Date: 29 Nov 88 09:41:36 GMT

	 Date: Mon, 21 Nov 88 11:51:48 -0500
	 From: flab!fgw!uunet!sun.soe.clarkson.edu!mrd

	 I have gnus 3.10 with emacs 18.51 up and I am having a little bit of a
	 problem with misc.test.  Gnus won't let me read it.  vn can rn can but
	 not gnus but gnus can read every other group that we have.

      I'd like to know details about your problem. When you select misc.test
      in GNUS, what happens?

	 I am confused.

   Nothing, just hangs until you hit ^G.

(setq debug-on-quit t), M-x load gnus.el (not gnus.elc), M-x gnus, and
then hit ^G. Now you will get a backtrace buffer. Would you mind
sending me a copy of the buffer with a copy of Newsgroup buffer.

Masanobu UMEDA
umerin@flab.Fujitsu.JUNET
umerin%flab.Fujitsu.JUNET@uunet.uu.NET

mrd@SUN.SOE.CLARKSON.EDU (Michael DeCorte) (12/12/88)

I am totally clueless as to why but it has started to work now.  I
have not touched emacs or gnus.  As far as I know nothing has been
done to news.  The only thing I can think of is that maybe there was
an odd file in misc.test.