[gnu.emacs.gnus] gnus & supercite

msb@ho5cad.ATT.COM (Mike Balenger) (12/19/89)

Is there a more elegant way to use supercite in gnus than the
following sequence?  I cannot apply the patches to rnewspost.

;; in .emacs file

(setq sc-overload-rnewspost t)
(setq sc-load-hook '(lambda () (load "sup-misc")))

;; then the following interactive commands

M-x gnus
M-x load-library sup-misc

Is gnus or rnewspost going to conform to the `mail-yank-hooks'
convention in future releases?

<cute quote>            Michael S. Balenger             (201) 949-8789
<cute disclaimer>       AT&T Bell Labs
                        Room 1L-405
msb@ho5cad.att.com      Crawfords Corner Road
att!ho5cad!msb          Holmdel, NJ   07733

jtkohl@MIT.EDU (John T Kohl) (12/19/89)

In article <MSB.89Dec18170540@ho5cad.ATT.COM> msb@ho5cad.ATT.COM (Mike Balenger) writes:

> Is there a more elegant way to use supercite in gnus than the
> following sequence?  I cannot apply the patches to rnewspost.

I usually do something like:

(autoload 'gnus "gnus-patches"
	  "Patches for gnus package."
	  t)

and then in the file gnus-patches.el in the load path put:

(load "gnus")
(setq sc-overload-rnewspost t)
(load "sup-misc")

This would let me type M-x gnus, and have it load gnus-patches (and gnus
and sup-misc as a result).
--
John Kohl <jtkohl@ATHENA.MIT.EDU> or <jtkohl@Kolvir.Brookline.MA.US>
Digital Equipment Corporation/Project Athena

tale@cs.rpi.edu (David C Lawrence) (12/20/89)

In <MSB.89Dec18170540@ho5cad.ATT.COM> msb@ho5cad.ATT.COM (Mike Balenger):

   Is gnus or rnewspost going to conform to the `mail-yank-hooks'
   convention in future releases?

Yes.  Future releases of Emacs will have direct support for
mail-yank-hooks and supercite, the latter also being in the distribution.

Dave
--
   (setq mail '("tale@cs.rpi.edu" "tale@ai.mit.edu" "tale@rpitsmts.bitnet"))