[net.followup] Who is Emily Harris, etc.

christensen@apollo.uucp (Wendy Christensen) (12/12/85)

(Mark Thorson @ Weitek Corp. Sunnyvale Ca.) writes:

> Lots of people are wondering "Who is Emily Harris?".  She is a northern
> California folk hero from the Seventies.  Back then, a band of outlaws
> made war against Pacific Telephone, Pacific Gas & Electric, Bank of America,
> and other giant corporations.  They extorted over a million dollars from
> the rich and gave it all to the poor.  Eventually, most of them died in
> Los Angeles when the police trapped them in a house and set it on fire.

> Surviving members of the group are Russell Little and Joseph Remiro (both
> still in jail), Bill Harris (Emily's ex-husband), Wendy Yoshimura, and
> of course Patty Hearst.

I don't see a smiley-face, so I must assume that Mr. Thorsen seriously wants
people to believe this incredible misrepresentation of the facts. PLEASE,
people, check out the facts before believing or repeating such drivel.
Calling the Harrises, or any members of the SLA, "folk heroes" is absurd.
Read Ms. Hearst's account of her experiences with this group, and then decide
if the term "hero" is appropriate.

w. christensen
I, not my employer or anyone else, am reponsible for the opinions expressed above.