[alt.bbs] Citadel <-> Unix

ruiu@dragos.uucp (dragos) (11/04/89)

In article <0929891056249703@thelake.UUCP> pwcs.StPaul.GOV!stag!thelake!steve writes:

>UFgate is/was not the only option. At least two versions of Citadel have been
>running Usenet news and UUCP mail on personal computers for a year or so.
>One is STadel, a shareware product for the Atari ST and IBM PC-clones.
>The other is Citadel-86, a free PC-clone BBS for which Paul Gauthier has
>written a UUPC gateway.
>There also are a couple of Un*x versions of Citadel, and I believe one of
>them knows how to speak the Citadel proprietary networking protocol.

	There are indeed some versions of Citadel that run under unix systems.
I use one of them here, and I feed a local STadel site some Usenet groups
as well as piping rec.photography into my bbs. The version of Citadel
I use will network via uucp, but not via Citadel networking.

	What I would like to do is have some way to have a Unix system do Citadel
networking... To clarify, I want a program that runs under Unix that will
speak Citadel networking.

	As well I would really be interested in any knowledge about other variants
of Unix Citadels. (I'll summarize by e-mail if someone else is interested.)

--
Dragos Ruiu          |   It looked like an ordinary bunny to Harold...
alberta!dragos!ruiu  |      -back cover of "Bunnicula"