[alt.bbs] FSUUCP via email

cambler@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Fubar) (10/02/90)

There have been numerous requests to send FSUUCP via email. This
cannot be done, as the uuencoded file is over 530K large, and our
local mailer has a limit of 64K. Chopping it up isn't an option, as
I have no place to save the uuencoded files, and would have to chop it
every time I get a request.

If there is someone out there who can take the zip file via FTP
and make available a uuencoded copy, please let me know, but
it's an impossibility here on polyslo.

--
++Christopher(); --- cambler@polyslo.calpoly.edu --- chris@fubarsys.slo.ca.us
---

cambler@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Fubar) (10/02/90)

w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) recently informed us:
>cambler@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Fubar) writes:
>>There have been numerous requests to send FSUUCP via email. This
>>cannot be done, as the uuencoded file is over 530K large, and our
>>local mailer has a limit of 64K. Chopping it up isn't an option, as
>>I have no place to save the uuencoded files, and would have to chop it
>>every time I get a request.
>
>FSUU11R5.ZIP is in directory pd2:<msdos2.uucp> on SIMTEL20.  It can be
>obtained via anonymous FTP or by email from one of the BITNET file
>servers which will send it uuencoded or xxencoded.
>
>Keith

Ahhh, Kieth, you're a god. :-)

--

w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (10/02/90)

cambler@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Fubar) writes:
>There have been numerous requests to send FSUUCP via email. This
>cannot be done, as the uuencoded file is over 530K large, and our
>local mailer has a limit of 64K. Chopping it up isn't an option, as
>I have no place to save the uuencoded files, and would have to chop it
>every time I get a request.

FSUU11R5.ZIP is in directory pd2:<msdos2.uucp> on SIMTEL20.  It can be
obtained via anonymous FTP or by email from one of the BITNET file
servers which will send it uuencoded or xxencoded.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Co-SysOp, Detroit Download Central 313-885-3956 (212/V22bis/HST/V32/V42bis)
Internet: w8sdz@vela.acs.oakland.edu, w8sdz@brl.mil  BITNET: w8sdz@NDSUVM1
Uucp: {ames,decwrl,harvard,rutgers,ucbvax,uunet}!vela.acs.oakland.edu!w8sdz

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (10/02/90)

In article <27078c54.23c4@petunia.CalPoly.EDU> cambler@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Fubar) writes:
>There have been numerous requests to send FSUUCP via email. This
>cannot be done, as the uuencoded file is over 530K large, and our
>local mailer has a limit of 64K. Chopping it up isn't an option, as
>I have no place to save the uuencoded files, and would have to chop it
>every time I get a request.
>
>If there is someone out there who can take the zip file via FTP
>and make available a uuencoded copy, please let me know, but
>it's an impossibility here on polyslo.

You can try if you can get it using our new (testing stage)
mail server. Mail hv@chyde.uwasa.fi with Subject:
'chyde-request' and body 'send comm/fsuu11r5.zip'
and see what happens...

--
== Harri Valkama, University of Vaasa, Finland ================================
  P.O. Box 700, 65101 VAASA, Finland  (tel:+358 61 248426 fax:+358 61 248465)

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) (10/02/90)

cambler@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Fubar) writes:

>If there is someone out there who can take the zip file via FTP
>and make available a uuencoded copy, please let me know, but
>it's an impossibility here on polyslo.

why not split it into multiple files?

 {larry@nstar, uunet!sco!romed!nstar!larry, nstar!larry@ndmath.math.nd.edu}
                     backbone usenet newsfeeds available
         Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-0282 (5 high speed lines)

bill@trace.gatech.edu (bill) (10/03/90)

In article <27078c54.23c4@petunia.CalPoly.EDU> cambler@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Fubar) writes:
>If there is someone out there who can take the zip file via FTP
>and make available a uuencoded copy, please let me know, but
>it's an impossibility here on polyslo.

If someone needs a uunencoded copy mailed to them and they can't get it
elsewhere, I'll send it to them.  Just reply to this account.
Bill Berbenich                          | Visualize World Peace...
Georgia Tech, Atlanta Georgia, 30332    |
uucp: ...!{backbones}!gatech!eedsp!bill |  Good. Now wake up and
Internet: bill@eedsp.gatech.edu         |  smell the coffee.

cambler@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Fubar) (10/03/90)

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) recently informed us:
>cambler@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Fubar) writes:
>
>>If there is someone out there who can take the zip file via FTP
>>and make available a uuencoded copy, please let me know, but
>>it's an impossibility here on polyslo.
>
>why not split it into multiple files?

Because our quotas here are incredibly small, and I could uuencode it
on /tmp to mail it out if the mailer would send it. If I uuencoded it in
multiple files, they would all go byebye as soon as /tmp was purged.

--
++Christopher(); --- cambler@polyslo.calpoly.edu --- chris@fubarsys.com
---