[alt.bbs] FSUUCP information request

langz@athena.mit.edu (Lang Zerner) (06/09/91)

I'm experimenting with using FSUUCP (a shareware UUCP implementation for
MS-DOS) to connect an internal LAN mail system to a UUCP neighbor, but I
need some technical information to finish the job.  The only copy of
FSUUCP I've been able to find provides a phone number that has been
disconnected, and a mail address that has not responded to my queries of
almost a week ago.  Does anyone know how I can contact Chris Cambler,
FSUUCP's author, formerly of CalPoly, to get some information?

Be seeing you...
Lang

--
Be seeing you...
--Lang Zerner

ianj@ijpc.UUCP (Ian Justman) (06/10/91)

langz@athena.mit.edu (Lang Zerner) writes:

> I'm experimenting with using FSUUCP (a shareware UUCP implementation for
> MS-DOS) to connect an internal LAN mail system to a UUCP neighbor, but I
> need some technical information to finish the job.  The only copy of
> FSUUCP I've been able to find provides a phone number that has been
> disconnected, and a mail address that has not responded to my queries of
> almost a week ago.  Does anyone know how I can contact Chris Cambler,
> FSUUCP's author, formerly of CalPoly, to get some information?

I agree.  I want to know if Cambler is finished yet with FSBBS,
and I want to see how it stacks up against Waffle, which is
already my favorite.

> Be seeing you...

Have a good one in the meantime...  :-)

> Lang
>
> --
> Be seeing you...
> --Lang Zerner
> Internet: langz@athena.mit.edu  UUCP: {decvax,mit-eddie}!athena.mit.edu!langz
> "...every morning we had to go out and LICK the road clean with our TONGUES!"

A Pythonite, eh?

"Mrs. B. J. Smegma is trying not to be seen.  Mrs. Smegma, will
you stand up, please?"  *BANG*  *THUD*

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) (06/11/91)

Questions about FSUUCP should be send to Chris at this address:

      cambler@polyslo.calpoly.edu (Chris Cambler)

That address is valid.  I received a message from him yesterday.

Keith
--
Keith Petersen
Maintainer of the MSDOS, MISC and CP/M archives at SIMTEL20 [192.88.110.20]

chris@zeus.calpoly.edu (The Squire, Phish) (06/12/91)

ianj@ijpc.UUCP (Ian Justman) recently informed us:
>I agree.  I want to know if Cambler is finished yet with FSBBS,
>and I want to see how it stacks up against Waffle, which is
>already my favorite.

Just for informational sake, it's Ambler. cambler == Chris AMBLER. The
naming policy at polyslo is of the first-initial-last-name flavour.
Ah, but I pulled one better, I just had it changed to "chris" when I
became a sysadmin. nyuk nyuk.

ANYWAY...

FSBBS is being beta tested right now, and I'm about to send out another
release to the beta testers which has the FSUUCP integrations. I'm hoping
to have the first general release "Real Soon Now" (read: no way to tell,
but certainly before fall quarter).

>> Be seeing you...
>
>Have a good one in the meantime...  :-)

Said with an OK sign to the eye, right?

>> "...every morning we had to go out and LICK the road clean with our TONGUES!"
>
>A Pythonite, eh?
>
>"Mrs. B. J. Smegma is trying not to be seen.  Mrs. Smegma, will
>you stand up, please?"  *BANG*  *THUD*

Where ya been? Shopping?
No, shopping.
What'dja buy?
A piston engine!
A piston engine?! Whatdja buy THAT for?
It was a baaaaargain!

--
++Christopher(The Squire, Phish);                    | Home of the 16K .plan
chris@hypnos.calpoly.edu (129.65.60.35)              | file. Finger at your own

chris@zeus.calpoly.edu (The Squire, Phish) (06/12/91)

w8sdz@rigel.acs.oakland.edu (Keith Petersen) recently informed us:
>Questions about FSUUCP should be send to Chris at this address:
>
>      cambler@polyslo.calpoly.edu (Chris Cambler)
                                          ^^^^^^^ --> Ambler. No C.

Or, alternatively, chris@hypnos.calpoly.edu. All mail to the above
address is forwarded there, anyway. New job, new account. Now all I
need is a new girlfriend :-)

>That address is valid.  I received a message from him yesterday.

Which is a frightening thought, I know :-)