[net.followup] The Meaning of the word "crap"

jam@dcl-cs.UUCP (John A. Mariani) (11/29/85)

In article <226@argon.kcl-cs.UUCP> phil@argon.UUCP (Phil Thompson) writes:
>In article <76@nbs-amrf.UUCP> hopp@nbs-amrf.UUCP (Ted Hopp) writes:
>>>  What does the word "crap" mean?
>> The word "crap" literally means "trash"
>The origin of the word "crap" is Thomas Crapper. He invented the first flushing
>toilet. So "crap", if it means anything, means excrement.

I was once told (many years ago) that crap stands for

	C oncentrated
	R ecycled
	A nimal
	P rotein

And if it doesn't, I think it should!

p.s. Should this discussion be in "net.followup"? And if not, where
     does it belong? (net.crap, anybody?)

--
"You see me now a veteran of a thousand psychic wars...."

UUCP:  ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!jam
DARPA: jam%lancs.comp@ucl-cs	| Post: University of Lancaster,
JANET: jam@uk.ac.lancs.comp	|	Department of Computing,
Phone: +44 524 65201 ext 4467	|	Bailrigg, Lancaster, LA1 4YR, UK.

In article <832@dcl-cs.UUCP> jam@comp.lancs.ac.uk (John A. Mariani) writes:
>p.s. Should this discussion be in "net.followup"? And if not, where
>     does it belong? (net.crap, anybody?)

I suggest net.bizarre.  (And, yes, I know that that's been cancelled.
That's rather the point.	;-})
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}

speaker@ttidcb.UUCP (Kenneth Speaker) (12/04/85)

>I was once told (many years ago) that crap stands for
>
>	C oncentrated
>	R ecycled
>	A nimal
>	P rotein
>
>And if it doesn't, I think it should!
>
>--
>"You see me now a veteran of a thousand psychic wars...."
>
>UUCP:  ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!jam
>DARPA: jam%lancs.comp@ucl-cs	| Post: University of Lancaster,
>JANET: jam@uk.ac.lancs.comp	|	Department of Computing,
>Phone: +44 524 65201 ext 4467	|	Bailrigg, Lancaster, LA1 4YR, UK.

Unfortunately, only is severe digestive disorders does it contain any
significant amount of protein.  Rather, primarily:

	Water
	Bacterial remains
	Indigestible fiber
	then a host of minor components

--Kne

jam@dcl-cs.UUCP (John A. Mariani) (12/08/85)

In article <562@ttidcb.UUCP> speaker@ttidcb.UUCP (Kenneth Speaker) writes:
>>Me :
>>I was once told that crap stands for
>>C oncentrated R ecycled A nimal P rotein
>Unfortunately, only is severe digestive disorders does it contain any
>significant amount of protein.  Rather, primarily:
>	Water
>	Bacterial remains
>	Indigestible fiber
>	then a host of minor components
Oh Crap! No wonder I haven't been feeling too good recently....
--
"You see me now a veteran of a thousand psychic wars...."

UUCP:  ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!jam
DARPA: jam%lancs.comp@ucl-cs	| Post: University of Lancaster,
JANET: jam@uk.ac.lancs.comp	|	Department of Computing,
Phone: +44 524 65201 ext 4467	|	Bailrigg, Lancaster, LA1 4YR, UK.

kay@warwick.UUCP (Kay Dekker) (12/09/85)

In article <562@ttidcb.UUCP> speaker@ttidcb.UUCP (Kenneth Speaker) writes:
[quoting: someone else]
>>I was once told (many years ago) that crap stands for
>>
>>	C oncentrated
>>	R ecycled
>>	A nimal
>>	P rotein
>>
>>And if it doesn't, I think it should!
>
>Unfortunately, only is severe digestive disorders does it contain any
>significant amount of protein.  Rather, primarily:
>
>	Water
>	Bacterial remains
>	Indigestible fiber
>	then a host of minor components

Yes, but why spoil a good folk-etymology with facts?  and anyway, CRAP is
a lot easier to pronounce than WBIt... :-)  "wabbit"?

							Kay.
--
"Be careful: the system is complex and chaotic, though it
 has many attractive features..."

me345.3@uiucme.UUCP (12/14/85)

/* Written  1:45 pm  Dec  4, 1985 by speaker@ttidcb.UUCP in uiucme:net.general */
/* ---------- "Re: The Meaning of the word "crap"" ---------- */
>I was once told (many years ago) that crap stands for
>
>	C oncentrated
>	R ecycled
>	A nimal
>	P rotein
>
>And if it doesn't, I think it should!
>
>--
>"You see me now a veteran of a thousand psychic wars...."
>
>UUCP:  ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!jam
>DARPA: jam%lancs.comp@ucl-cs	| Post: University of Lancaster,
>JANET: jam@uk.ac.lancs.comp	|	Department of Computing,
>Phone: +44 524 65201 ext 4467	|	Bailrigg, Lancaster, LA1 4YR, UK.

Unfortunately, only is severe digestive disorders does it contain any
significant amount of protein.  Rather, primarily:

	Water
	Bacterial remains
	Indigestible fiber
	then a host of minor components

--Kne
/* End of text from uiucme:net.general */