[eunet.micro.acorn] info server: lots of new goodies available

Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) (12/20/90)

I have added a large number of utilities, including many GNU ports, to the
Newcastle info server archive. Please note that most consist of sources only,
so without a C compiler you will not find this stuff very useful.

I received this stuff on a set of discs from Graham Toal (thanks Graham), and
the packages are in exactly the same format.

Below is the appropriate entry into the index file.

Enjoy.

(disc packages of PD software, including GNU ports)
(please notes SOURCES ONLY you'll need a C COMPILER)
(all files need to be uudecoded, then uncompressed, then untarred)

580 rcs    code management system
480 disc1  bison, diff, flex
450 disc2  flex, gawk, grep
690 disc3  gawk, grep, make, libraries
410 disc4  make, sed, utilities library
           (Alloca,Bag,Bitset,Chdir,Deque,Dir,Dirscan,Efopen,Emalloc,
            Fatal,Filelen,Filetime,Filetype,Filter,Getopt,Getwd,Isatty,
            Map,Message,Mktemp,Popen,Queue,Random,Ring,Set,Stack,Stat,
            Strcchr,Strdup,Strlcmp,Strlower,Strndup,Strnlcmp,Strnpcpy,
            Strpcpy,Strupper,Time,Touch)
290 disc5  !dosfs, !vdutype, arc2dos, chess, compress, des, dos2arc,
           gnusort, regexp, strings, unzip, xxdecode, xxencode

JANET:  Albert.Koelmans@uk.ac.newcastle
UUCP:   ...!ukc!newcastle.ac.uk!Albert.Koelmans
Computing Laboratory, University of Newcastle upon Tyne,
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, UK (telephone +44 091-2228155,fax 2228232)

gtoal@tharr.UUCP (Graham Toal) (12/22/90)

In article <1990Dec19.161123.2678@newcastle.ac.uk> Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) writes:
>I have added a large number of utilities, including many GNU ports, to the
>Newcastle info server archive. Please note that most consist of sources only,
>so without a C compiler you will not find this stuff very useful.

Wrong! Unless I slipped up somewhere, one of the disks has a directory Library
on it with all the compiled versions; also a directory Lib with the object
of the Unix emulation library.

>I received this stuff on a set of discs from Graham Toal (thanks Graham), and
>the packages are in exactly the same format.

You're welcome, but the credit goes to Paul Moore <gustav@tharr.uucp> --
I just passed the discs on.  Paul ported all the software.  An amazing
amount of effort -- it came up in conversation that he had ported so much
software he couldn't remember everything he had done :-)

Merry whatever festival you prefer,

Graham
--
(* Posted from tharr.uucp - Public Access Unix - +44 (234) 261804 *)