[eunet.micro.acorn] Master Configuration

cstaqdb@warwick.ac.uk (Tom Hughes) (06/19/91)

Can someone with access to some beeb manuals please post the details
for configuring the baud rate and data transfer info on the Master, as
I don't have my manuals here.

The items in question are the *CONFIGURE BAUD and *CONFIGURE DATA
values. These are the same as for *FX's 8 and 9 (??) on the beeb.

Thanks for any help, Tom.

Tom Hughes, CS1

thughes@uk.ac.warwick.cs        Room 112 Compton Hall
cstaqdb@uk.ac.warwick.cu        Westwood
                                University of Warwick
(0203) 523523 X2927             Coventry CV4 8EE

rhodar@sideways.gen.nz (David Salmon) (06/21/91)

cstaqdb@warwick.ac.uk (Tom Hughes) writes:

> Can someone with access to some beeb manuals please post the details
> for configuring the baud rate and data transfer info on the Master, as
> I don't have my manuals here.
>
> The items in question are the *CONFIGURE BAUD and *CONFIGURE DATA
> values. These are the same as for *FX's 8 and 9 (??) on the beeb.

The following is taken from the Reference Manual Part One:
To configure the baud rate is *configure baud <0 - 8>
0 = 9600 baud
1 = 75 baud
2 = 150 baud
3 = 300 baud
4 = 1200 baud
5 = 2400 baud
6 = 4800 baud
7 = 9600 baud and
8 = 19200 baud

To configure baud is just *configure data <0 - 7> where:
0 = 7E2
1 = 7O2
2 = 7E1
3 = 7O1
4 = 8N2
5 = 8N1
6 = 8E1
7 = 8O1

Hope that helps.

Rhodar@Tornado.welly.gen.NZ  or  Rhodar@Sideways.welly.gen.NZ
                Yad ho!   Groja UL!   *-}-----

hoskinsa@prlhp1.prl.philips.co.uk (hoskinsa) (06/21/91)

In article <+MX{MF-@warwick.ac.uk> cstaqdb@warwick.ac.uk (Tom Hughes) writes:
>Can someone with access to some beeb manuals please post the details
>for configuring the baud rate and data transfer info on the Master, as
>I don't have my manuals here.
>
>The items in question are the *CONFIGURE BAUD and *CONFIGURE DATA
>values. These are the same as for *FX's 8 and 9 (??) on the beeb.
>
>Thanks for any help, Tom.

Here are the numbers for *FX7,X (receive rate) and *FX8,X (transmit
rate):

   X=1 :    75 baud           After Call:
     2 :   150 baud                  A is preserved.
     3 :   300 baud                  X & Y contain old ULA register contents.
     4 :  1200 baud                  C is undefined.
     5 :  2400 baud
     6 :  4800 baud
     7 :  9600 baud
     8 : 19200 baud

Mail me if you want the info to set up data format (# of start/stop/data
bits) and I'll see if I can persuade my OCR to read the manual (too much
to type :-).

Asher

| And then a little pink swan flew slowly past, the marmalade    |
| curdled, and everyone in Legoland went home for a concrete     |
| penguin. "Don't forget to write", shouted Sniffy, but the cake |
| had already been eaten. - BSH                                  |
                                                | hoskinsa@prl.philips.co.uk |