[comp.protocols.nfs] NFS on IBM VM/CMS systems anyone ?

indra@amdcad.AMD.COM (Indra Singhal) (11/03/88)

We have received the 5798-FAL IBM's TCP/IP offering Rel 1.2 which has
an optional NFS feature.
	Has anyone in nfsland got this product to work successfully ?

--
Indra K. Singhal                      |  It's much easier to ride      |
{ucbvax,decwrl,allegra}!amdcad!indra  |                    the horse   |

wright@hsi.UUCP (Gary Wright) (11/04/88)

In article <23451@amdcad.AMD.COM> indra@amdcad.AMD.COM (Indra Singhal) writes:
>We have received the 5798-FAL IBM's TCP/IP offering Rel 1.2 which has
>an optional NFS feature.
>	Has anyone in nfsland got this product to work successfully ?

We have also received Release 1.2 (Feature Number 5870, 5871, 5872 depending
on the tape format). VM NFS is an additional option (Feature Number 5070, 5071,
5072) that must be ordered seperately.

I'm not sure if you were asking if anybody as 1.2 up and running or if anybody
has the NFS option up and running.  We have neither up.  I haven't found time
to install 1.2 yet and we don't have the NFS tape yet.

Hope that help a bit.
--
Gary Wright 					...!uunet!hsi!wright
Health Systems International                    wright@hsi.uu.net

davidc@umd5.umd.edu (David Conrad) (11/05/88)

In article <23451@amdcad.AMD.COM> indra@amdcad.AMD.COM (Indra Singhal) writes:
>We have received the 5798-FAL IBM's TCP/IP offering Rel 1.2 which has
>an optional NFS feature.
>	Has anyone in nfsland got this product to work successfully ?

We have the NFS up and running on a guest VM under VM, although we might
be considered a beta test site.

-drc