[comp.protocols.nfs] NFS for VMS?

tpk@ontologic.UUCP (Ted Kyriakakis) (02/20/89)

Wollongong currently sells a server only version of NFS for VMS which allows
other NFS systems to share DEC VMS disks.  However we are interested in doing
the opposite, having DEC VMS systems share other NFS system (particularly Sun)
disks.  Does anyone know of a client version of NFS for VMS currently
available?  Please send any info to uunet!ontologic!tpk.

				- Ted @ Ontologic

wade@ames.arc.nasa.gov (A. Lee Wade) (02/23/89)

In article <284@ontologic.UUCP> tpk@ontologic.UUCP (Ted Kyriakakis) writes:

>Wollongong currently sells a server only version of NFS for VMS which allows
>other NFS systems to share DEC VMS disks.  However we are interested in doing
>the opposite, having DEC VMS systems share other NFS system (particularly Sun)
>disks.  Does anyone know of a client version of NFS for VMS currently
>available?  Please send any info to uunet!ontologic!tpk.
>
>				- Ted @ Ontologic

Ken Adelman and Dave Kashtan previewed their lastest marvel at Connectathon in
Santa Clara, CA.  Their NFS server is currently available, implemented in the
VMS kernel, is read/write, and is very fast and robust.  I'm sure the same
will be true of their client when it becomes a product.  What we saw at
Connectathon was a beta (alpha?) version, so I don't know when they plan to
release it as a product.  The NFS server is an option with MultiNet.
MultiNet is VMS kernel based TCP/IP implementation for VAX/VMS.

				A. Lee Wade
				NASA Ames Research Center

#include <std/disclaimer>