[comp.protocols.nfs] Seeking Recomendations - hardware for NFS on PS2/80

jensen@bessel.eedsp.gatech.edu (P. Allen Jensen) (08/18/89)

I would be interested in hearing any recomendations for hardware on
an IBM PS2 model 80 running MS-DOS for support of PC-NFS.  I am
interested in any cards which help reduce the memory requirements
for PC-NFS (latex won't run on PC with NFS installed).

P. Allen Jensen
Georgia Tech, School of Electrical Engineering, Atlanta, GA  30332
USENET: ...!{allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,ulysses}!gatech!eedsp!jensen
INTERNET: jensen@eedsp.gatech.edu

geoff@hinode.East.Sun.COM (Geoff Arnold @ Sun BOS - R.H. coast near the top) (08/22/89)

In article <398@eedsp.gatech.edu> jensen@bessel.eedsp.gatech.edu (P. Allen Jensen) writes:

>I would be interested in hearing any recomendations for hardware on
>an IBM PS2 model 80 running MS-DOS for support of PC-NFS.  I am
>interested in any cards which help reduce the memory requirements
>for PC-NFS (latex won't run on PC with NFS installed).

Have you tried using "386Max Professional(tm)" by Qualitas? Their
phone number is 301-469-8848. I don't remember the price. This is
a software solution that will only work for 386's, but it should be
just fine on a Model 80.

Geoff

Geoff Arnold,                              Internet: geoff@East.Sun.COM
PCDS Group, Sun Microsystems Inc.
Recording of the week: ALMOST ACOUSTIC by the Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band.