[comp.protocols.nfs] NFS under VAX VMS alternatives

brian@apt.UUCP (Brian Litzinger) (08/23/89)

We would like to run NFS on our VAX 8530 running VMS.
Mainly we simply want to use it for file system storage
for a number of workstations we have on our network.
The workstation also run NFS.

What alternatives and products are available?

Thanks in advance.

<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  UUCP:  {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian    brian@apt.UUCP
<>  VOICE: 408 370 9077      FAX: 408 370 9291

efb@suned1.UUCP (Everett F. Batey II) (08/23/89)

In article <1675@apt.UUCP> brian@apt.UUCP (Brian Litzinger) writes:
>We would like to run NFS on our VAX 8530 running VMS.
>Mainly we simply want to use it for file system storage

No first hand with any of these but the list I have heard of include
the following, The Wollongong Group, No CA, Network Research Corp.,
Oxnard, CA, DEC ( VMS Ultrix Connection ).

Don't know if TGV/Excelan have a server for NFS on VAX ..

Related .. hear FTP, Inc., MASS, has tcp ( maybe also NFS ) on the
DEC DEPCA which if true, lets user do both DEC and public protocols
on DECNet equipped PC.

Hope to hear back what works for you.

--
           The_Main_User (So Calif SunLUG | Vta-SB-SLO-DECUS)
      efb@elroy.JPL.Nasa.Gov efb@suned1.UUCP efbatey@Vaxb.Navy.MIL