[net.games.rogue] net.games.rog, NOT net.games.rogu

mark (03/21/83)

	Newsgroups: net.games.rogue
	Subject: net.games.rog, NOT net.games.rogu - (nf)
	Date: Sun, 20-Mar-83 04:27:51 EST

	#N:uiucdcs:9500137:000:277
	uiucdcs!mcdaniel    Mar 20 00:02:00 1983

	***** uiucdcs:net.games.rogu / mcdaniel / 12:01 am  Mar 20, 1983
	The correct (i. e. original) notesfile/newsgroup name is net.games.rog.
	Everyone (well, almost everyone) looks there, so don't use net.games.rogu.

					Tim McDaniel
					(. . . pur-ee!uiucdcs!mcdaniel)
	----------
I don't know who this turkey thinks he is, but the proper newsgroup name
is net.games.rogue, not either of the two names mentioned above.  In the
past, it has mattered little because the directory name got chopped anyway.
However, with 4.1cBSD and news 2.10, the full newsgroup name matters.
I've seen a good many articles posted to chopped newsgroup names like
net.games.rogu, net.micro.atar, and so on.  Such articles will be thrown
on the floor by 2.10 software, rather than creating new, improperly named
newsgroups.  I encourage all people running notesfiles to make sure their
aliasing mechanism is properly set up, to prevent this from happening.
(Note that at uiucdcs, net.games.rogue apparently IS properly set up,
since the above message got posted to the right newsgroup.)