[comp.protocols.nfs] anyone have sun pcnfsd ported to bsd?

bob@cs.utah.edu (Bob Wheeler) (01/03/90)

Does anyone know where I can find a port of Sun's rpc.pcnfsd pc nfs
authentication/printer deamon for use with pc-nfs that will run under
ultrix (or 4.3bsd)?

    thanks in advance,

    -bob
    (801) 581-6203

jeff@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Stearns) (01/04/90)

In article <1990Jan2.171749.10674@hellgate.utah.edu> bob@cs.utah.edu (Bob Wheeler) writes:
>Does anyone know where I can find a port of Sun's rpc.pcnfsd pc nfs
>authentication/printer deamon for use with pc-nfs that will run under
>ultrix (or 4.3bsd)?
>
>    thanks in advance,
>
>    -bob
>    (801) 581-6203

Have you tried compiling the distributed source?  I expect that it should
work with very few changes, if any at all.

Over the years, I have compiled and installed it on Suns and Vaxen without
much trouble.

I don't actually run the distributed pcnfsd any more, since I have made some
changes that Sun has chosen not to pick up.  My version logs to syslog(), can
properly be called from inetd, and knows how to write to /dev/console so that
\r characters are sent as needed.
--
    Jeff Stearns        John Fluke Mfg. Co, Inc.               (206) 356-5064
    jeff@tc.fluke.COM   {uw-beaver,microsoft,sun}!fluke!jeff