[comp.protocols.nfs] PC-NFS and VAX/VMS?

timo@tampella.fi (Salmia Timo) (02/06/90)

Software info needed! I am using PC-NFS from Sun Microsystem to
connect into UNIX-world. Now I need some software for our VAX/VMS to
mount part of the VMS-disk and make it available for my PC.

Do you know any PD- or commercial software to do the job?

Please reply thru the News or by E-Mail timo@tampella.fi
--
<=====================>
<*> Timo Salmia     <*>-----------------------------------------------<*>

beame@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Carl Beame) (02/07/90)

In article <TIMO.90Feb6083529@tampella.tampella.fi> timo@tampella.fi (Salmia Timo) writes:
>Software info needed! I am using PC-NFS from Sun Microsystem to
>connect into UNIX-world. Now I need some software for our VAX/VMS to
>mount part of the VMS-disk and make it available for my PC.
>
>Do you know any PD- or commercial software to do the job?

	I highly recommend MultiNet from TGV. Their software is fast, well
thought out and has been running bug free for some time. We tried the VMS-
ULTRIX connection from digital first, but had to scrap it in favour of MultiNet
because of some several bugs we encountered. They can be reached at
(408) 353-3939 or something@TGV.COM.

- Carl Beame
Beame@McMaster.Ca

Disclaimer: None.

jlk@boron.siesoft.co.uk (Jim Kissel) (02/19/90)

Talk to Manoj Goel (manoj@novell.com) at Novell 408-473-8369
They have an NFS server for VMS.

Jim Kissel                            Telephone +44 734 691994
Siemens plc                                         734 443046 (Direct line)
Systems Development Group             Fax       +44 734 698847
65-73 Crockhamwell Rd.                Telex      846053 SIESOF G
Woodley, Reading                      Domain     jlk@siesoft.co.uk
Berkshire, RG5 3JP                               j.kissel@xopen.co.uk
Great Britain                         UUCP       ....{ukc,athen}!siesoft!jlk