[comp.protocols.nfs] comp.protocols.nfs.pc?

beame@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Carl Beame) (04/06/90)

In article <1990Apr4.192918.3756@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov> david@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov (David Robinson) writes:
>The comp.protocols.nfs group seems to have become a combination
>of PC-NFS questions and an "Ask Geoff Arnold" forum.
>
>How about spliting the newsgroup into two:
>	comp.protocols.nfs	general NFS protocol and implementation
>	comp.protocols.nfs.pc	specific questions relating to PC-NFS
>
>This is not an "official" request for a new group, or "official" comments
>request and (heaven forbid!) a call for votes.
>
>Anyone else have ideas?
>--

	I'm not sure that the volume of traffic warrants another news group,
but if a new group is created it should include all PC based NFS implimentations
such as Beame & Whiteside Software's BWNFS, FTP software's PC/Interdrive and
anyone else who has or is planning to have a NFS for PCs.

-Carl Beame
 Beame@McMaster.CA

sob@watson.bcm.tmc.edu (Stan Barber) (04/09/90)

Back in the beginning when this was the nfs-list, that was always the case.
It is part of the tradition of this group. I'm not saying that is good or
that is bad, but it has always been.

Former coordinator of the nfs-list,
STAN BARBER

--
Stan           internet: sob@bcm.tmc.edu         Director, Networking
Olan           uucp: {rutgers,mailrus}!bcm!sob   and Systems Support

leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) (04/09/90)

In article <261BE754.22945@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca> beame@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Carl Beame) writes:
>	I'm not sure that the volume of traffic warrants another news group,
>but if a new group is created it should include all PC based NFS implimentations
>such as Beame & Whiteside Software's BWNFS, FTP software's PC/Interdrive and
>anyone else who has or is planning to have a NFS for PCs.

Does your implementation of NFS support more than 8 connections? (how many?)

leoh@hdw.csd.harris.com         	Leo Hinds       	(305)973-5229
Gfx ... gfx ... :-) whfg orpnhfr V "ebg"grq zl fvtangher svyr lbh guvax V nz n
creireg ?!!!!!!? ... znlor arkg gvzr

beame@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Carl Beame) (04/12/90)

In article <3671@hcx1.SSD.CSD.HARRIS.COM> leoh@hardy.hdw.csd.harris.com (Leo Hinds) writes:

>Does your implementation of NFS support more than 8 connections? (how many?)

	If by connections, you mean the number of virtual drives, BWNFS supports
up to 24 virtual drives of which 8 can be printers. If you mean file handles,
BWNFS supports as many file handles as you have buffer memory for.

Carl Beame
Beame@McMaster.CA