[comp.protocols.nfs] Problem with PC-NFS Life Line

andrew@dgbt.uucp (Andrew Patrick DGBT/DBR) (05/17/90)

In article <1154@leuze-owen.de> fbraab@leuze-owen.de (Fritz B. Raab) writes:
>Does someone know a patch or workaround for the following problem:
>We want each user running the PC-NFS Lifeline Mail program at least
>once a day, therefore we want to include the command mail into
>AUTOEXEC.BAT. Unfortunately someone wrote the program in a way that
>one can't do that. One must either press 'M' or 'C' for monochrome
>or colour screen (!).

The way I got around this problem when I was still using Lifeline Mail
(I now use the PC-Mail program recently posted to comp.sources.misc)
was to use a utility to place the "m" or "c" keypress into the keyboard
buffer, and then issue the mail command.  PCED can do this nicely with
its "keyin" utility -- keyin m^mail.  I believe there is a PD utility
called "keyfake" that may be able to do the same thing for you.

e.g., in the autoexec.bat file
keyfake m
mail

--